AIR Worldwide (AIR), a member of the Verisk Insurance Solutions group at Verisk Analytics, is the scientific leader and most respected provider of risk modeling software and consulting services. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987 and today models the risk from natural catastrophes and terrorism in 90 countries. AIR offers the opportunity to work with advanced technologies, global clients, and hundreds of the most innovative, talented minds in the industry.
As a member of AIR's Consulting Services team, you will provide services such as risk and loss estimation analyses to our clients. Use your technical, analytic, project management and communication skills to ensure our clients understand how to use the information we provide to manage their catastrophe risk profile. You will work closely with insurance/reinsurance underwriters, actuarial professionals, and investment bankers, among others.
Main responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Work with senior management to develop and maintain client-specific performance objectives
- Perform sophisticated risk analyses using AIR's cutting-edge technology for insurers, brokers, and other financial intermediaries in the internationally expanding business of catastrophe risk management
- Add value to modeled results through customization of output tailored to the needs of clients
- Communicate directly with clients to develop project timelines and manage deliverable expectations.
- Help clients reliably assess and manage their catastrophe loss potential through interpretation of modeling results
- Perform portfolio management studies for determining growth strategies, developing scoring templates and risk metrics
- Recommend new approaches to risk management for AIR and our clients
- Work with a high-powered team of professionals to understand and enhance our risk-modeling techniques, including the mentoring and development of junior staff
- Data analysis using SQL, MS Access or equivalent
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Results oriented
- Knowledge of statistics and business
- Actuarial or underwriting industry experience a plus
- 6+ years experience in consulting or insurance fields
- Bachelors Degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, actuarial science, engineering, business or computer science.
- MBA required
Air Worldwide - 13 months ago
All insurance coverage is based upon calculated risk -- but who's doing the calculating? Insurance Services is one source for such...