Responsible for performing risk management analysis that may involve wide-ranging risk and business impact evaluations and minimizes exposure for the Bank. Provides analytical support on various product strategies to ensure company goals are met. Reviews and analyzes trends in current population distributions and recommends strategies.
1. Provides complex analytical and project support in the following areas:
• Risk measurement, analysis and forecasting
• Researches and analyzes regulatory requirements and prepares concise technical and business requirement documentation
• Identifies sources and develops processes for capturing required data
• Assists in the development and validation of probability of default, loss given default, and exposure at default statistics
2. Designs and prepares risk reports for Executive management, the Board of Directors, and regulators, and analyzes trends.
3. Assists with the development, implementation, and monitoring of risk management initiatives including concentration analysis, and establishment of exposure limits.
4. Participates in integration task forces for future mergers and acquisitions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics or related field required
• Eight+ years of experience in risk management and/or financial reporting
• Expertise in MS Office, especially Excel
• Knowledge of Crystal, Visual Basic and SQL preferred
• Understanding of Basel II requirements
• Quantitative and statistical background
• Knowledge of credit risk management and/or financial reporting
• Performs credit risk management and credit portfolio risk analyses functions
• Performs fraud risk assessments and root cause analysis for fraud incidents
• Facilitates and prepares materials for executive level governance meetings
Bank of the West - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...