Oversee.net is an innovative technology company that owns and operates a portfolio of consumer websites designed to help users discover, compare, and save. Over 25 million unique visitors per month visit the company's three key verticals in consumer finance, travel and comparison shopping.
Our best assets are our employees and we invest in them. Oversee.net offers competitive compensation packages, a 401(k), health benefits, paid holidays and PTO, unlimited snacks, weekly catered lunches and more. We are located in an amazing downtown Los Angeles high rise with gorgeous mountain and sunset views, free parking, and game room with foosball, ping-pong and pool.
Who you are:
An experienced and talented software engineer with proven experience in a Ruby on Rails development environment. You are a driven problem solver who finds ways to remove blockers and is always looking for ways to improve the production codebase. You are a passionate developer and eager to mentor and collaborate with others.
What we are looking for:
A highly self-motivated software engineer driven to design, develop and deploy innovative products and services that are critical to our technology driven businesses. We are looking for experienced full-stack engineers to work in an Agile, collaborative and fast paced environment who are eager to take on interesting and critical engineering challenges. These range from site optimizations to developing data-driven algorithms.
- Take ownership of strategic technologies within the company.
- Develop algorithms critical to informing data driven decisions within our services and products.
- Internal API development and integrating 3rd party APIs across multiple systems.
- Design & implement Ruby on Rails systems using scalable methodologies and best practices.
- Modernize legacy products and services to support product growth and scope, including migration to the cloud and exposing services.
- Lead through example. Perform code reviews, write effective test, lead discussions on critical technologies, mentor fellow developers, pair program, etc.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent Science or Engineering experience.
- Deep knowledge of developing web applications in a dynamic programming language (Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Practical experience with the Ruby on Rails & the Ruby tool chain (capistrano, rake, pry, irb, rspec, bundle, rvm, etc).
- Experience designing, developing and integrating modular systems, services, APIs and websites.
- Strong understanding of relational database modeling, noSQL solutions and caching methodologies.
- Experience in prototyping product concepts and transitioning those to a production environment.
Oversee.net is a technology-driven company whose products deliver quality through a mix of technology and deep knowledge of online...