Title: Senior SAP Basis Administrator
Location: Ohio-Dublin-FSP OCLC
Job Number: 12006931JOB TITLE: Consultant, ERP Systems Management SAP
Working together, we can make a difference in healthcare for our customers and communities. Your contributions, along with colleagues around the world, are helping make healthcare safer and more productive every day.
Function: IT - Center of Expertise
Family: ERP Systems Management
Job Family Summary
What ERP Systems Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Manages the full technical lifecycle from architecture to support for CAH ERP systems environments.
Job Family Descriptors
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of OS, DBMS and ERP systems
- Has the ability to perform ERP systems administration and recommends changes to improve the quality of systems standards
- Performs complex ERP systems performance tuning and problem diagnosis utilizing advanced knowledge in ERP systems management
- Manages patches and supports package upgrades to ERP systems
- Installs 2 major ERP software components
- Executes systems configuration based on best practices
- Administers moderately complex ERP systems environments, demonstrating advanced knowledge of at least 2 major ERP systems components
What is expected of you and others at this level in IT - Center of Expertise for functional success
Accountabilities in this role
- Responsible to provide the day to day Basis administration support (24*7) with SAP R/3 (3.0 to ECC5.0) and SAP Netweaver suite 7.0 (consisting of ECC 6.0, SRM, CRM, SCM, BI, PI)
- Responsible for troubleshooting SAP Portal environment
- Responsible for support of Solution Manager 7.0 Ehp1 including E2E analysis, CHARM
- Hands on experience with SP upgrade, including EHP, Java upgrade for SAP application
- Researches & implements solutions within Basis functionality in areas of performance monitoring, tuning and systems configurations, design & implementation.
- Providing documentation (SOPs) for technical and process related activities
- Provides support & maintenance of transports
- Responsible to perform regular system refreshes
- Responsible for setup, configuration and troubleshooting of complex environments (e.g. clustering, high availability, load balancing etc.)
- Function as point of contact for production SAP Basis related issues.
- Ensure proper configuration & security on all server environments.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and maintenance to ensure stability and optimal performance on all server environments.
- Conduct root cause analysis (RCA) on all severity 1 issues.
- Ability to independently install SAP upgrades/patches and perform routine SAP system administration functions.
- Participate in On Call rotation & provide after hours support as needed.
7 years of SAP Basis experience in supporting ERP systems that includes R/3,ECC, SRM,BI,SCM, EP and solution manager)
At least 2 Full Implementation cycle experience
In-depth BASIS Administrator knowledge in supporting SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Suite
Proficient in SAP Installations, Upgrades, System refreshes, Performance Tuning
Good SAP Netweaver JAVA administration skills
Ability to install & manage multiple application environments on various OS platform
Excellent written & oral communication skills
Ability to learn new & (old) technologies and manage change.
Ability to work with developers and end users to resolve business critical problems in a high stress environment
Database administration background for Oracle 9i, 10g & 11
Database administration background for DB2 9.5 & 9.7
OS background on AIX, LINUX, Windows
Better understanding on virtualization (cloud computing) & high availability
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Business or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience required
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Proficient PC skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $103 billion health care services company that improves the...