Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
The Senior SAP Omni Channel Systems Developer creates efficient and effective applications by participating in the design, build and implementation and maintenance of SAP systems and programs. This individual will be our SAP Lead in the Omni Channel space managing our Product Information Management (PIM) tool and our SAP Integrations. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of typical SDLC lifecycle with to support PETSMARTs Omni Channel Functions on the SAP platform, specifically evolving our Product Information Management, Material/Article Management and Inventory Management capabilities.
Responsibilities include a full range of the traditional SDLC processes of Investigate, Analysis, Design, Build, Test and Run.
• Independently develops application options to resolve a business need.
• Develops functional use cases including application capability, complexity analysis, risks, implementation dependencies and impact analysis.
• Creates functional and technical specifications which may be based on difficult business requirements for complex applications.
• Identifies gaps between solution design and application capabilities, determines alternatives, and negotiates resolution.
• Ensures detailed technical requirements are captured from appropriate IS teams. Develops technical solution. Identifies gaps between technical design system/application capability, and negotiates resolution.
• Executes complex application development configuration changes to meet functional requirement needs.
• Independently develops and creates complex custom objects (user interface, queries, reports and integrations) for applications.
• Creates and performs data migration for select applications.
• Investigates system improvement and streamlining opportunities. Creates functional plans and communicates recommended changes to business teams.
• Strong development and analysis capabilities in Merchandising and Omni Channel. Specifically, understanding master data usage in a omni channel environment.
• Expert knowledge of SAP Material Master/Article Master and Integrations of Master Data and Transactional Elements
• Senior ABAP, MM and Integration Experience
• Display broad exposure to SAP applications including core ERP, NetWeaver, NetWeaver Developer and SAP Composite Application Framework Studio and Business Suite.
• SAP MM expertise, SAP SD and FICO proficiency
• Proficiency in all aspects of SAP technologies including general NetWeaver, ABAP, WebDynpro, BSPs, Workflow, Portal, all integration technologies (idoc, bapi, rfc, webservices)
• Apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT use of business processes
• Display understanding of large scale systems, performance optimization and 24x7 operations and associated change management impact
• Develops testing approach and strategy to accurately test business requirements for complex projects. Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
• Supports UAT efforts through application readiness, preparation of test environments, and creation of data and user profiles.
• Able to identify and apply appropriate testing methodology and tools.
• Deploys software changes conforming with company and team standards. Creates Change Requests with appropriate implementation, test and backout plans for complex changes. Assess organization level of preparedness for the change and impact to other systems.
• Coordinates and/or applies vendor package and software tool upgrades and patches.
• Independently performs ongoing system monitoring of application configuration change and provides guidance to others. Identifies and escalates issues. Resolves complex configuration problems. Monitors system performance metrics and performs application capacity planning.
• Responds in a timely manner to production support calls and independently handles complex issues. Looks to identify and solve root cause problems.
• Acquires knowledge of, creates and maintains Operations and System support documentation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Leverages listening, verbal and written abilities to clearly convey messages in one on one, small group or presentation settings with management.
• Facilitates productive and collaborative conversations even among parties that are dissimilar. Pays careful attention to verbal and non-verbal conversation.
• Motivates others to action or addresses delicate situations, requiring tact and diplomacy using written and verbal skills. Identifies common themes, makes inferences and draws conclusions. Promotes own knowledge to gain support.
• Able to work with upper management, capable of resolving larger, more complex organizational problems. Leads in distinguishing technology problems from people or process problems and anticipates reaction and impact of solution. Able to see how problems can affect other areas, and identifies and uses new tools and techniques.
• Able to clarify uncertain objectives, and build consensus despite different opinions and direction with leaders at all levels.
• Able to overcome challenging problems and issues on own, enlisting leadership help appropriately.
• Identifies, engages and builds enthusiasm for others to meet goals and objectives.
• Leads in seeing and addressing issues which affect team performance.
• Builds skills, talent and morale of others.
• Ability to communicate up and down and across teams - Both within IS and Business
• Ability to manage small to medium sized projects
• Leads knowledge of retail applications to requirements and solution design/configuration.
• Understands how the business works; knowledgeable current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting multiple business functions and aspects of how they are interrelated to other areas.
• Leads and effectively manages to all phases of software development lifecycle including requirement definition, project planning, formal software testing methodology in a Sarbanes Oxley compliant environment.
ADDITIIONAL TECHNICAL ACUMEN
• Solid understanding of how computers, data networks, databases, operating systems, etc. work together.
• Applies knowledge of enterprise strategies to solution.
• Ability to envision technology's role in Business process and help guide and mentor to implementation, when needed.
• Clear technology innovator
• Work well in a team environment
• Supports internal clients on all Technical and Quality Assurance related issues
• Shares responsibility with other teams members to ensure on-time project delivery
• Adhere to best practices and recommends solutions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
• Assists in training other staff
• Minimum ten years combined experience in development, configuration and administration
• Experience working in Retail industry and Merchandising area preferred
• Experience working on SAP Retail platform, Master Data, Materials/ Inventory Management and Pricing areas preferred
Retail preferred, not required
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 18 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...