The Senior SEC Reporting Manager is primarily responsible for managing the Company’s external reporting, technical accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance functions.
- Work closely with CFO, General Counsel, Corporate Controller, bankers, outside counsel, auditors and others within the organization to prepare registration filings
- Responsible for overall SEC compliance and financial statement preparation, including but not limited to drafting SEC Forms S-1, 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K
- Manage the Company’s XBRL reporting process
- Apply expertise in U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations in the preparation and review of earnings per share calculation and statement of cash flows
- Manage ad hoc projects and respond to information requests
- Provide technical support on the treatment of complex accounting issues, implementation of new accounting standards, and compliance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations
- Analyze new accounting and reporting guidance issued by the FASB, SEC, EITF, IASB and other regulatory bodies to determine the implications on internal financial operations and external financial reporting and communicate these issues to key management
- Manage accounting of stock-based compensation plans in accordance with ASC 718, including the forecasting, recording and reporting of stock based compensation expense and earnings per share
- Lead Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts
- Responsible for researching, establishing and documenting accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures; establish, review and maintain a system of internal accounting controls; review and update SOX documentation
- Design and implement the Company’s internal audit programs, including Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance
- Minimum of 6 years of Big 4 public accounting experience, including working knowledge of Rule 404 under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and audits of SEC companies
- Active CPA required
- Experience working in a high-growth, publicly-traded, high-tech, SaaS company preferred
- Must have expert knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and filing requirements, (IPO experience preferred)
- Ability to research and resolve technical accounting issues and draft accounting memorandums
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm; strong multi-tasking skills, and flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Energetic, driven and dedicated
Zendesk is the leading provider of proven, cloud-based help desk software. For growing organizations, Zendesk is the fastest way to enable great customer service. More than 25,000 Zendesk customers, including Adobe, MSNBC, Sony, OpenTable and Groupon, trust Zendesk with their most valuable asset, their customers. Founded in 2007, Zendesk is funded by Charles River Ventures, Benchmark Capital and Matrix Partners. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Zendesk offers competitive salaries and full benefits, including health, dental, vacation and stock options. We are conveniently located in downtown SF, close to public transit (Bart, Caltrain, Muni, etc). You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create something unique.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
To all recruitment agencies: Zendesk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Zendesk employees or any other company location. Zendesk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Zendesk - 20 months ago