Publishers Clearing House (PCH), headquartered in Port Washington, NY, is a multi-channel direct marketer of value-based merchandise, magazines and promotional offers and a leading provider of digital 'play and win' entertainment.
PCH has an immediate opening for a highly motivated, talented Senior SQL DBA who will be responsible for collaborating with project delivery teams on the analysis and development of key DB-tier stored procedures, SSIS packages, architectural components and/or infrastructure, supporting PCH Online database environments.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day operational health, performance, availability and troubleshooting of the database tier, including but not limited to: DTS/SSIS packages, scheduled job monitoring, data archiving/pruning, application and load test benchmarks, and data-tier alerts and notifications.
- Meeting with team leads to discuss technical implementation production support
- Monitoring and fine tuning based on approved optimizations and lead recommendations
- Support and execution of jobs and other database changes
- At least 7 years experience supporting online, 24/7, highly transactional database systems
- MySQL database administration experience a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Apply by submitting your resume and cover letter online at www.pchjobs.com or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a New York based position. Candidates must reside in the tri-state area.
PCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If your doorbell rings unexpectedly, it's probably just your neighbor stopping by for a chat. But it could be the Publishers Clearing...