Why Quintiles? A career at Quintiles puts you at the corporate center of the leading worldwide pharmaceutical services organization. We been named to the 2008, 2009, 2011 and 2012 lists of Computerworld's "100 Best Places to Work in IT" . Quintiles IT was also listed as the leading company for the pharmaceutical industry on the 2011 "InformationWeek 500" and ranked within the top five overall!
If you want to work for a global, fast-paced organization dedicated to improving the development and marketing of medicines, Quintiles is the place for you. We are seeking dynamic, highly motivated and results focused individuals that take an innovative and consultative approach to driving and achieving success. Apply now for our Senior SQL Server DBA position located in our Morrisville, NC office.
Manage and coordinate all activities related to the administration of complex SQL Server databases to meet customer requirements.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Install and configure complex databases in a server based environment.
- Facilitate database backup and recovery as well as documenting and testing all backup and recovery procedures.
- Manage all levels of database security and integrity, transaction activity and utilization.
- Manage all database administration-related performance issues (e.g., memory, disk connection, etc.).
- Assist with the development of DBA Services standards as well as provide training on supported IT systems, applications and databases to other internal DBAs and internal customers (end users and programmers).
- Provide advice, support, and guidance to programmers, developers and other DBAs with database SQL and object tuning and optimization.
- Provide primary problem management support by receiving, troubleshooting, and solving the daily problems reported by internal customers.
- Create and maintain complete documentation necessary for computer system validation.
- Develop database strategies, tool selection, and internal scripts for supporting internal customers and overall company needs. Develop implementation plans, computer system validation and departmental procedures for these strategies.
- Research and assist with implementing more advanced database modules and features (e.g. replication, clustering, mirroring, etc.).
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2 and SQL 2012.
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services and/or SQL Server Reporting Services
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Ability to improve/troubleshoot TSQL code.
- Self-Starter and self-directed, and team-oriented and collaborative
- Able to work concurrently on multiple projects. Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Able and willing to support a 24/7 Production Environment
- Possess strong technical and team leadership and task/timeline oriented skills necessary to ensure projects are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- 5 years DBA experience with equal experience using related database tools for query programming and/or development; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- SQL Server 2005, 2008 or 2012 certification (Preferred)
Quintiles Transnational - 20 months ago
Quintiles Transnational has plenty to CRO about. One of the world's top contract research organizations (CROs), it...