Videoscape SW Development Engineer - Job Description
If you are motivated and a dynamic individual who wants to work on highly visible, critical products in three of the fastest growing market adjacencies – Mobility, Video and Cloud Computing, then this engineering position is for you.
With the ubiquity of video in consumer’s life, Cisco is ready to define the future of video. Cisco is working with service providers to reinvent the TV experience, bridging entertainment, social media and communications together with a program called Cisco “Videoscape”. Cisco Videoscape is a service provider solution that lets consumers bring content from pay TV, online and on-demand sources and combine them with social media, communications and mobility to create a truly immersive TV experience.
The Cisco Videoscape engineering team is looking for motivated engineers to join the client software team. The client team is responsible for architecture, design and implementation of Videoscape client SW SDK as well as a reference UI application, that will run a multitude of end devices – Android based IP and Hybrid Set-top boxes, gaming consoles, connected TVs, iPAD, iPhone, Android tablets and phones, etc. The client SDK will interface with various Cisco Videoscape cloud elements, which provide content encoding, management & distribution and messaging framework to provide a truly immersive “TV Everywhere” experience for consumers.
The position requires a strong background in SW architecture, design, documentation and implementation, with the following required and desirable skill sets.
Key Skills Required:
• Experience in IP video delivery and various streaming protocols (experience in Adaptive Bit Rate (ABR) streaming is a plus).
• Experience in developing applications on mobile platforms - iPAD, iPhone and Android
• Extensive Experience with web services (SOAP and Restful)
• Skills in designing and developing best-in-class UI; ability to interface with User Experience (UX) team effectively and understand wireframes
Highly Desirable Skills:
• Experience with IPTV infrastructure
• Experience in developing client centric SDKs
• Experience in developing video streaming applications on iOS and Android devices
• Exposure to various DRM schemes (PlayReady, Widevine, Marlin, etc)
• Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 5-7 years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 7-10 yrs related experience
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...