Senior Safety Consultant
Primary responsibility for providing field consulting and training services to Council customers. Manages assigned consulting projects, serves as technical guardian for assigned subject matter areas and ensures technical accuracy and consistency is integrated into products.
- Provides training and consulting services to Council clients in line with established performance guidelines. The job requires about 70%-80% travel.
- Manages assigned consulting projects to ensure all project goals are achieved within established timeline and within budget and to ensure project technical and quality standards.
- Responsible for monitoring significant trends in safety technology and implementing technologies that will affect the occupational business segment.
- Serves as Workplace Safety content guardian and ensures continuity in content across all assigned services and products supporting key competitive advantages of Workplace Safety management systems philosophy.
- Assists in the development, education and training of staff and associate consultants on products and services.
- Serves as liaison to the volunteer divisions and provides technical support on an as needed basis.
- Represents Council to members and general public, responds to inquiries pertaining to occupational safety and health issues.
- Maintains favorable relationship with other professionals and leaders in the filed of safety and health.
National Safety Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- College degree in safety management, business management.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Associate Safety Professional (ASP) designation preferred.
- 10 years occupational safety and health management experience with demonstrated experience in delivering training and technical services to management, supervisors and employees.
- Proven safety management skills and understanding of how to develop, plan and implement a safety management process within an organization is necessary.
- Comprehensive understanding of safety management, occupational health and hygiene, and pertinent regulatory agencies and requirements is necessary.
- Experience dealing effectively with management, labor and employees is required.
- Excellent platform, public speaking skills is required.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- 70%-80% Travel Required