We are looking for a self-starting, responsible, mature, highly motivated Sales Engineer for our Security product lines. The role will demand interaction with large scale enterprises at senior levels, as well as with technical staff within the traditional IT organization. The successful candidate will have sound technical experience and skills, blended with strong interpersonal and presentational skills. This position requires little to no travel.
- Conduct product demonstrations, primarily remotely via web conferencing, in conjunction with an assigned Sales Account Executive to present the technical value proposition
- Engage with the customer as the technical lead and product expert throughout the pre-sales evaluation cycle to ensure success. Implementation activities include installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customization, testing, and documentation.
- Technical pre-sales product support for direct and channel sales teams
- Occasionally support Proofpoint seminars and trade shows
- Occasionally deliver training to customers and partners
- Provide technical expertise and real-life experience in creating solutions, designs, proof of concept and implementation
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction
- Be a strong voice for your customers into the Marketing and Engineering teams to improve the product and ensure that Proofpoint deployments successful.
- Coordinate with multiple parties -- internal departments as well as the customer --to ensure timely and satisfactory resolution to technical issues, and completion of projects
- 4+ years industry experience in sales engineering or customer facing technical role
- Technical background in enterprise messaging and security
- UNIX/Linux system administration experience
- A thorough understanding of Internet protocols and how they work, including HTTP, SMTP, RFC822
- Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.)
- Prior experience in selling software to Fortune 500 or other large companies
- Must have a good understanding of the sales process and the roles and responsibilities of a sales engineer
- Strong technical presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent communication skills and phone manner
- Ability to present and explain technology to people with less technical knowledge
- Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, high stress start up environment
- Ability to work independently, take ownership, ability to adapt quickly, positive attitude
- BSCS or equivalent
- Knowledge of Perl, SQL databases, Apache, HTTP and LDAP
- Experience administering and deploying large scale messaging and LDAP directory infrastructure systems
- Experience selling to network security engineers and/or messaging administrators
- A background in Professional Services / Implementation Services
Proofpoint is a pioneering security-as-a-service provider that focuses on cloud-based solutions for threat protection, compliance, archiving...