Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels, resorts and residences. Mandarin Oriental now operates, or has under development, 44 hotels representing over 11,000 rooms in 28 countries, with 18 hotels in Asia, 13 in The Americas and 13 in Europe, Middle East and North Africa. In addition, the Group operates, or has under development, 14 Residences at Mandarin Oriental, connected to the Group's properties.
Our award winning property, in the nation's capital, is situated on D.C.'s growing South West waterfront. Commanding monumental views, the property offers 400 guest rooms including 54 suites, extensive event space, two superb restaurants including our award winning AAA Five Diamond, CityZen, and the only Forbes Four Star Spa in the metro area. Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. welcomes individuals who are guest centered and devoted to a superior level of service and culture.
Reporting to the Director of Group Sales, the Senior Sales Manager is responsible for the servicing and management of specific accounts within an assigned area. They will assist the Director of Group Sales in focusing and motivating the sales team to achieve the room night goals for their particular market segment as laid out in the hotel's marketing plan.
The Senior Sales Manager will generate rooms business from existing and potential accounts, coordinating customer requirements with other departments in order to achieve maximum guest satisfaction and profitability for the hotel.
The Senior Sales Manager will be responsible for performing the following duties:
The successful Senior Sales Manager candidate will possess the following skills and expertise:
- Explore new sources of business by developing new contacts
- Seek and contact new potential clients through: Direct enquiry; Sales leads - local and overseas; Sales Blitz.
- Be responsible for room night and revenue production from allocated accounts.
- Entertain executives and management of corporations, associations and in-house guests to ensure future business to the hotel.
- Monitor own accounts' monthly production.
- Monitor competitors' performance where it relates to their particular market segment.
- Update all Delphi Sales account profiles and contact people after every call to maintain a proper profile of all accounts.
- Attend daily sales briefings and weekly sales meetings.
- Participate in familiarization visits and entertain as and when required.
- Entertain executives and management of potential travel companies and in-house guests to ensure future business for the hotel.
- Conduct site inspections for the existing or prospective travel influencers, decision makers and end users (monthly goals).
- Be aware of current market trends and supply competitor activity information to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Participate in sales trips and, when required, complete all sales expense reports within 1 week of trip.
- Prepare weekly sales call reports.
- Distribute seasonal gifts to major supporters.
- Promote seasonal packages and any promotion to major supporters, clients, RSO's and Rep Firms.
- Participate in any projects as and when assigned by the department head.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by the department head.
- Minimum 3 years direct hotel sales management experience; luxury hotel segment experience strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of market segment; ability to successfully liaison with key accounts to produce profitable sales results.
- Computer proficiency to include Delphi and Microsoft Office applications.
- A demonstrated successful track record of proven sales achievements as directly related to the hotel market segment.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.