1.Solicit, negotiate, develop and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, site inspections, referrals, networking, etc...) to maximize room revenue to meet/exceed individual monthly goals. Adhere to prime selling guidelines.
2.Notify/coordinate customer specifications with other departments and quickly, efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
3.Develop a marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed his/her individual sales goals.
4.Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide group history ensure future and current quality service and enhance future prospects.
5.Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position.
6. Participate in trade shows and community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of sales and revenue goals.
7. Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned and participate in task forces and committees as requested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education: A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience
- Must possess communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests.
- Advanced knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
- Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or information in the sales/marketing field and make logical conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures
Experience: Two plus full years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
TPG Hospitality, a division of The Procaccianti Group, seeks an experienced Sales Manager for the Boston Marriott Newton. A highly visible and well-known property, the Boston Marriott Newton is located along the scenic Charles River, convenient to Rtes. I-90 and I-95, Boston College, Brandeis University, and the high-tech beltway. Property features 430 guest rooms and over 26,000 square feet meeting space.
Sales Manager is responsible for acquisition and maintenance of group business in their assigned market segment to assure group room revenue meets or exceeds individual goals as well as budget and asserts maximum revenue sources in hotel.
Hotel information for the boston marriott newton in newton, ma, us