Myxer has a great opportunity for an experienced Sr. Sales Planner to join its growing ad sales operations team. The primary mission of the Sales Planner will be to create outstanding campaign proposals for Myxer’s current and prospective digital advertising clients and their agencies. The ideal candidate will have a passion for great ideas and a service-oriented mentality, and possess the ability to work effectively in both an analytical and creative capacity. Most importantly, the candidate will possess a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team win, even in the face of challenging circumstances.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Support Myxer’s direct advertising sales team by building campaign proposals in response to advertiser or agency RFPs, or proactively in alignment with pitching new concepts. This includes building comprehensive media plans, pulling audience research and building an effective research story, and creating compelling proposal decks which illustrate the value of Myxer’s offerings in relation to campaign objectives and strategies.
- Develop creative campaign ideas around Myxer’s social entertainment products, leveraging our massive music catalog, audience of over 10MM monthly visitors, and a suite of compelling ad offerings that includes mobile rich media, audio, and video units and a highly customizable product set.
- Use various internal and external analytics and reporting tools to query or estimate available inventory across a diverse set of properties and targeting scenarios
- Lead collaboration with creative, ad operations, sales management, and engineering to validate proposal concepts and innovative ideas
- Assist members of the sales team to present campaign reporting data to clients in a compelling format
- Provide back-up support to Ad Operations when required with respect to campaign reporting, trafficking, troubleshooting, and client communication
- Excellent knowledge of all well-known research tools used by media planners and buyers (ComScore, Nielsen @Plan and NetView) with the ability to quickly and efficiently pull runs for multiple sales reps. Includes tenacity for building the right research story.
- Ability to quickly and effectively build excel-based media plans in both Myxer and various agency formats, with knowledge of terms such as SOV, reach, and frequency
- Good understanding of technologies and technical aspects used in digital and mobile advertising and reporting, including Flash, Rich Media, and audio/video file formats, as well as site- and third-party serving approaches.
- Clear understanding of time-sensitivity around due dates of proposals. This includes a willingness to put in the necessary time to hit proposal deadlines.
- Ability to develop creative concepts within Myxer properties, and bring them to life by collaborating with the design team.
- Keen understanding of social media, and how to effectively integrate social concepts into digital campaign ideas to maximize social interaction and earned impressions
- Excellent PowerPoint skills, including screen grabs, cropping, etc. Photoshop skills a plus.
- Excellent Excel formatting skills, including an understanding of equations for summing impressions and calculating eCPMs.
- Natural team work ethic and the desire to learn and understand the Myxer products and impressions available within each product.
- Ability to manage multiple requests and deadlines concurrently, and stay flexible and professional under pressure. Thick-skinned with respect to accepting constructive feedback and requests for multiple revisions.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and the ability to make decisions where competing interests are involved
- Two years experience with at least one digital ad-serving platform (Doubleclick / DFP, 24/7, etc.)
Myxer includes a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, Stock Options, and a 401K Retirement Plan.
- Three to five years experience in a digital ad sales planning role, or equivalent experience
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital media, accounting, or other business-related field is required.
Myxer is a leading social entertainment company and operator of myxer.com, the definitive source for free, ad-supported mobile media content. Myxer Radio LLC operates Myxer Social Radio, which launched in November, 2011 and is available in the Apple App Store, Google Play, and on the Web at myxer.fm. Founded in 2005, Myxer has been a pioneer in mobile, establishing an early presence in the space as a free content download resource and growing into one of the 15 largest mobile destinations in the U.S. To date, more than 51 million users have downloaded 2.85 billion items including MP3s, ringtones, music videos, wallpaper images, apps, games and more, across all major phone operators and carriers. In addition, Myxer offers access to its content through dedicated mobile apps available in Apple’s iTunes App Store, Google Play, BlackBerry App World, and Windows Marketplace with over 10.5 million Myxer apps installed.
For advertisers, Myxer Social Radio provides an authentic way to connect with an audience on the social web through shared group listening experiences that brands can either host or participate in, and features a compelling ad offering that includes cross-platform rich media, audio, and video integrations.
JobHost - 20 months ago