SENIOR SALES RECRUITER
YP is one of the largest local search, media and advertising companies in North America. The company creates local search and advertising products that encourage consumers to discover and engage with local businesses across online, print and mobile platforms. YP's suite of local offerings includes its flagship products YP.com, YP Local Ad Network, the popular YPmobile app and The YP Real Yellow Pages®, the largest print directory in the world by advertising revenue. YP.com, which attracts over 30 million monthly online unique visitors, is also accessed by millions of users each month via the mobile web.
The YP(SM) Local Ad Network helps advertisers grow their business and distributes ads to a distinguished list of top publishers. YP's wide range of local ad products such as premium listings, performance-based advertising, direct mail and search engine marketing provides advertisers an opportunity to increase their presence among consumers who are looking for a local business. YP's advertising products address the diverse needs of nearly a million local businesses and help drive tens of billions of dollars in local commerce annually.
YP products are backed by one of the industry's largest local advertising sales forces made up of several thousand media consultants and other resellers.
Reporting into the Director of Talent Acquisition, this individual has operational responsibilities for delivering value-added, efficient, best practices recruiting in the sales arena and key functional areas critical to the company’s competitive advantage and success. This individual provides recruiting expertise through the identification, development and execution of strategies that drive the YP’s talent acquisition across all lines of business and support/infrastructure functions.
As a Sales Recruiter, you'll recruit talent to fill positions in designated Service Lines, Business Units and/or Practices. Working with business leaders, human resource (HR) and recruiting leaders, and hiring managers, you'll develop and execute workforce and hiring plans. You'll also source, develop and assess the profiles of candidates and manage them through the interview process, negotiating offers and closing acceptances. The individual in this role will possess a core competency in staffing and recruitment, with a particular expertise in both corporate and business direct recruitment, program development and business relationship management. The candidate should possess highly developed strategic, communication, organization and consultative skills coupled with an ability to respond to conflicting demands and challenges across the organization. The person has strong business acumen, project/operations management (in the recruitment space) and leadership experience. You'll work independently, with little supervision on a daily basis, and will have to have a high degree of energy and autonomy.
• Consult with hiring managers to develop recruiting strategies for hires. Fill these positions with the best available talent as directed by the Directors of Talent with an eye on speed and accuracy.
• Act as the main recruiting contact for key client groups and internal and external candidates.
• Working with their colleagues to drive continuous improvement in processes and techniques using technology resources to maximize the team’s ability to partner with their internal clients and bring greater efficiencies to the process.
• Deepening relationships with internal clients through execution and insight so that the Talent Acquisition function has credibility and trust.
• Driving and managing corporate-wide programs in employee referrals, job posting, background verification and new hire processing/on-boarding.
• Gain a solid understanding of tools, processes, protocols and Service Lines to source, recruit and hire experienced candidates.
• Serve as the main resource for queries for other team members and the service line in general
• Help resolve complex recruitment challenges
• Handle a high workload
• Recommend and implement improvements to their recruitment processes as required
• Recommend and manage major recruiting programs and special events to support the business
• Utilize YP.com’s recruitment tools and processes to execute work flow
• Integrate YP.com’s brand strategy into all recruitment activity at all levels
• Take part in task forces or initiatives to support the business as needed (career fairs, related offsites, projects, etc.)
Knowledge and skills requirements
• 7-10 years of experience – ideally a mix of agency and corporate experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business; MBA or advanced degree in a similar, relevant discipline is strongly preferred
• Experience recruiting for a large, high volume sales organization
• Adept at recruiting at all functions and levels
• Strong knowledge of recruitment/hiring laws and practices
• Understanding of the recruitment policies, processes and protocols of a professional firm
• Confident at adapting to and embracing new technology and tools
• Broad understanding of the nature of sales and call center practices and environments
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
• Good strategic-thinking skills, with an ability to collaborate with fellow team members on best practices
• Strong customer focus, taking a consultative approach towards clients
• Independence, to troubleshoot and resolve complex recruitment and hiring issues, with little guidance
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits including a matching 401(k), bonuses, and a casual yet high-energy work environment. Send us your resume today.
YP LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V