Job Title: |
Senior Satellite Network Engineer
Area of Interest:
Carnival Cruise Lines (“CCL”) is a branded division within Carnival Corporation, a publicly traded company founded in 1972 and headquartered in Miami. Carnival Corporation has over 90,000 employees worldwide operating 100 ships and produces over $15 billion in revenues. At any given time, there are over 270,000 people cruising with Carnival. Carnival Corporation owns a number of different cruise lines and has become the largest corporation in the cruise industry. Carnival’s portfolio of 10 leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in southern Europe; Iberocruceros in Spain, and P&O Cruises in Australia.
The position works with a team of technical professionals responsible for the design, support, and monitoring of ship board VSAT systems and satellite-based IP network and communications technologies.
Provide network engineering task leadership and technical support on multiple network projects.
Interact with users to develop and analyze operational and technical requirements, and assess contractor network designs.
Develop network topology designs, conduct traffic analysis, network capacity planning, and bandwidth management.
Conduct modeling and simulation activities to assess network performance, and provide recommendations for availability and performance improvements.
The position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in information technology designing, implementing, monitoring and supporting a mixed, complex environment consisting of VSAT and Cisco Network devices, Microsoft Windows Server NT/2000/2003, and UNIX/Linux (Sun Solaris preferable).
Previous work experience should include support and monitoring experience with C & KU Band VSAT systems, satellite-based IP communications technology, and a firm proficiency & technical understanding of satellite infrastructure including iDirect or Comtech satellite modems and network protocols, DVB-S2/ACM, TDMA/SCPC, Riverbed WAN acceleration, IP trunking & backhaul preferably with maritime networks, and hands-on experience with Cisco routers switches, firewalls and load balancers; specifically Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 4000, 3750, 3550 series switches, Cisco 7200, 3700, 3600, 2600 routers, Cisco PIX firewalls, Cisco CSS11150 load balancers, Cisco Call Manager, Content Engine, WLSE, ACS and Cisco 3000 series VPN Concentrators is also required. An overall degree of familiarity with technologies such as STP, VTP, 802.1q/ISL Trunking, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VoIP, QoS, Wireless 802.11a/b/g, Wireless security, various VPN and remote access technologies is necessary to fulfill the position responsibilities. Furthermore, the position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills plus solid organization, presentation and documentation abilities, including Visio diagrams, “as-built” documentation. An understanding of project management methodologies and tools accompanied with creativity and innovative thinking to find solutions to complex problems that can balance short and long-term objectives is necessary.
The position requires the ability to participate in a 7x24 on-call support rotation and willingness to travel as needed in support of VSAT/LAN/WAN Operations. A portion of travel may be outside of the U.S. necessitating documents for international travel.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, other discipline, or equivalent related technical experience, is required; MCSE certification is and advanced Cisco certifications are a plus.
Benefits as a member of the Carnival Team
- We have an industry leading benefits program that includes a comprehensive healthcare program and a dental care plan.
- The Company provides the benefit of a 401(k) plan effective from your first day of eligible employment. We also offer a generous company match after one year of service and a discretionary Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment .
- Camp Carnival, accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children, is our on-site preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation. Camp Carnival also provides a drop-in program for those unexpected childcare conflicts
- Club Carnival, our on-site Health & Wellness Center, provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, resident massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
- Carnival also offers a Tuition Reimbursement Program which allows employees to receive up to 75 percent off tuition costs for their company related professional career development .
- We also provide membership to Space Coast Credit Union and we have an on-site cafeteria that serves breakfast and lunch.
- We provide an Employee Stock Purchase plan for eligible employees to purchase Carnival Corporation Common Stock at a discount.
- We also offer our employees Paid Time Off, Sick Time and paid holidays.
- We also offer our employees company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- Carnival is delighted to offer two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
Carnival Cruise Lines - 8 months ago
Carnival is "The World's Most Popular Cruise Line®", with 23 ships operating three to 17 day voyages to The Bahamas,...