Manage all aspects of EGPNA SCADA systems and substation RTUs and plant PLCs, additional responsibilities include applying new technologies, and control system project management as required, involvement with configuring, programming and integrating. The Sr. SCADA Engineer will assist in creating reports; coordinate data access to third party sources, testing and start-up of database system elements at future generating installations as well as being responsible for the data collection and interface to EGPNA’s data historian. Harvest and manage O&M data for the Operational Intelligence dashboard.
This position is located in Andover, Ma
- Perform or coordinate required maintenance for all SCADA and process control equipment or systems, including 24/7 Control Room
- Perform as team leader managing the compliance monitoring and reporting process to assure EGPNA's auditable compliance with FERC & NERC standards and other regulatory requirements. Communicates with subject matter experts, management, and outside consultants regarding NERC Reliability Standards. Participates in the coordination of requests with regional regulatory agencies and internal departments to ensure compliance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Collaborate on the design review, information gathering, inspection, and commissioning / start-up of projects that include process control equipment or data systems, assisting with troubleshooting and training for commissioned SCADA and Real Time Systems
- Perform the configuration/programming for process control systems and substation RTUs and PLCs, make changes to existing programs, review and approve programming by integrators and functional operation of all process control systems, and participate in factory acceptance testing
- Perform software upgrades, adding new facilities, replacement of hardware and software; in line with NERC compliance requirements
- Coordinate / provide technical training for company personnel within regional business units to maintain / enhance technical skill sets of local operations as it relates to SCADA and Process control
- Ensure that strong change management practices are followed regarding adoption of the process control systems
- Manage data, backups, and application/server health monitoring as it relates to the Control Room and site specific SCADA and Control Systems.
- Provide internal support for the Operations Technology’s systems. Interface with tech support, ICT, developers and operations to troubleshoot issues
- Maintain database connectivity between the database systems Control and Business Systems
- Travel to sites and offices as required up to 50%
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Assist local operations with the creation and administration of budgets to install, maintain and replace process control equipment
- Develop and maintain relationships with local ICT and Central O&M technical groups.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local, state and federal agencies as they relate with the operational requirements of the projects.
- Develop and maintain relationship with process control vendors to keep current with changes in operational control systems and Industry trends participating in seminars and training events as required.
- Support Engineering and Construction and Business Development with the review of technical specifications and project plans for new projects or major upgrades managed by these groups.
If interested please email resume and salary requirements to EGPNA.HRRecruiting1@enel.com with Scada Engineer in the subject line
- 3-5 years of experience with OSIsoft PI or similar data historians including: implementation, customization, enhancements and maintenance of systems and networks; multiple protocols, either wired or wireless.
- 2-3 years of experience in working at generating stations with implementations, all phases of project implementation including: design generation, system integration, and documentation, project start-up and commissioning and various programming languages.
- BS in Engineering, computer science or other related degrees or 10+ years other related field experience or foreign equivalent related in the power generation field.
Enel - 14 months ago