Responsible for optimizing biosecurity procedures in all aspects of the global animal breeding operations. Ensure all products meet specifications and quality standards. Researches and internalizes new methods and technologies to improve bioexclusion. Oversee the development, coordination and direction of germ free and gnotobiotic production. Provide expert guidance in the implementation and utilization of Germ Free technologies and methods to all Taconic sites.
Represent Taconic as a Scientific Matter Expert (SME) in Microbiology and Germ Free Products
· Produce products and services that meet Quality standards
· Evaluate and improve production and monitoring technologies for Gnotobiotic animals.
· Assess the microbial performance of barrier production and develop procedural and/or technological improvements to minimize the risk of biological contaminations.
· Develop and execute project proposals for new or updated technologies.
· Establish and maintain metrics by which to measure department goals for quality, production and efficiency improvements.
· Analyze production data in order to meet production goals/project specifications
· Participate in cross functional teams with Operations, Veterinary and QA/QC staff to perform investigations of microbial compromises.
· Provide guidance as a subject matter expert to Taconic Operational, Veterinary and QC staff in matters pertaining to microbiology.
This will have to be communicated during interview. Train staff members on new and revised techniques.
- Participate in development of new products in collaboration with Business and Operation Development teams
· Responsible for process evaluation and alignment. Exercise professional judgment in day-to-day activities
PhD in Microbiology preferred. Master's degree (M. A.) or technical/managerial experience at an equivalent level. Degree in related field is desired (Animal Sciences, Biology, Microbiology etc.).
Experience in a wide range of principles and methodology of a specialized professional field. Skill in designing, implementing and coordinating assignments, operations, and/or programs. Experience in making decisions or recommendations significantly developing or changing organizational policies or procedures. Requires supervisory or middle management experience. 5-10 years of relevant experience and/or training.
We are Taconic, a life sciences company supporting research to find life-saving cures for disease. Major drug companies, leading universities and government agencies depend on us for high quality products and services that are essential to the drug discovery process.
If you are motivated by new opportunities and seek a stimulating and rewarding career, we invite you to join our diverse team of talented professionals who are dedicated to finding smart solutions to improve human health.
We offer opportunities for career advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including major medical, dental, and vision coverage, tuition assistance, 401(k) profit sharing plans, and more!
Taconic – Your Career for the Future