s Global Health and Security (GHS) Operations, Diagnostics and BioSurviellance Divisions are seeking a highly-motivated, team-oriented individual to provide assistance to senior researchers and technical leadership. This position is a part time position, up to a maximum of 20 hours a week.
The successful candidate for this Senior Scientist position will be expected to be experienced in the following areas:
• Molecular Biology skills to complement the MRIGlobal focus in both microbial forensics and molecular diagnostics. Familiar with biotechnologies supporting in vitro diagnostics (IVD), Infectious Disease, Oncology, including sequencing, real-time PCR, next generation sequencing, FISH and Immunohistochemistry (IHC). Experience with one or more is desired.
• Previous experience in supporting the development and validation of molecular assays.
• Providing assistance and support to the preparation of proposals, Test Plans, presentations, project progress and results.
• Experience with writing, researching articles in peer reviewed journals.
• Demonstrated working knowledge and understanding of the nature and operation of the contract research business.
Job Responsibilities: The Senior Scientist will work with a team of scientists to provide assistance to technical project leadership and may include technical guidance to junior staff. Also contributing to or participating in the authoring of proposals and technical reports.
Additional responsibilities are:
• Supporting Principal Investigators to manage research projects, identify and pursue business opportunities through leading proposals, and work with MRIGlobal Business Development team.
• Assists in the development of project plans, including protocols, SOPs and work schedules.
• May set up procedures for collection and review of information necessary for the management of a project and contingency planning of activities; takes into consideration of the skills, knowledge, and experience of responsible individuals and the complexity or type of work to be performed.
• As directed, organize, perform method development studies; designs experiments, components, instruments, and systems; and formulates materials/compounds.
• Identifies potential problems and opportunities that may affect MRIGlobal or client project work.
• Identifies and solves research problems as they develop.
• Interact with and possibly present to current and future MRIGlobal clients
• Trains staff in procedures and methods.
• Manage, conduct and/or participate in information acquisition and project tasks with minimum supervision and within time and budget constraints. May manage, as assigned, projects that may involve multiple divisions/lines of business.
• Produce written and verbal assessments based on research, correlation, and analysis.
• Achieve high technical quality in assigned projects.
• Ph.D. in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Chemistry or other related study area and a minimum 3 years of appropriate related experience; M.S. in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Chemistry and a minimum 6 years of related experience; B.S. in Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Chemistry and minimum 9 years of related experience; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work independently is critical. Must be detail oriented.
• Proficient oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with the contract research business is a plus, federal regulations is a plus, proposal writing, project management, and instrumentation is desired.
• Experience with Quality Systems including ISO, CLIA and/or GLP
• Proficient PC skills and ability to learn new software and systems.
• Leadership abilities with strong problem solving aptitude. Ability to assess a project group’s talent by examining individual capabilities and skill levels.
• Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment by communicating expectations, assessing client needs, gaining acceptance of an idea/plan/activity/product, and interactions with technical staff at all levels
• Proven leadership qualities, including experience with personnel, budgets, programs, schedules, and safety requirements.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Well organized and methodical, yet flexible in adjusting priorities, and able to take risks to accomplish goals.
• Ability to organize activities and focus on priority goals and problem areas.
• Flexible schedule and willingness to work some evenings and weekends
Ph.D. in specified study area plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience; or
M.S. in specified study area plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience; or
B.S. in specified study area plus a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience; Computer literate
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
MRIGlobal - 20 months ago
Founded in 1944, our company has built a reputation for innovation, technical excellence, and problem solving.
Born out of the desire to...