Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $1 billion in annual revenues and 13,000 employees across 170 sites in 35 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for Senior Scientist Group Leader to support our Professional Scientific Staffing group in South San Francisco, CA.
Senior Scientist Group Leader responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following :
· Lead team, schedule, and train employees in client environment
· Ensure adherence to highest quality and efficiency standards in laboratory operations
· Ensure coverage and performance, while fostering morale and teamwork
· Perform analysis of samples with a variety of biochemical and biophysical assays including HPLC (SEC, RP, IEC, HIC), capillary electrophoresis sodium dodecyl sulfate (CE-SDS), particle analysis by HIAC, UV spectroscopy, FT-IR, circular dichroism (CD), analytical centrifugation
- Participate in the development of protein formulations
- Conduct protein stability and process characterization/validation studies in support of IND filings under GLP or GMP environment.
The ideal candidate would possess :
· Strong leadership, initiative, and teambuilding skills
- Prepare data for presentation and write technical reports, and interact with other groups within and outside the department
- Prior experiences with protein formulation and characterization of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and other protein therapeutics are required.
- Basic to advance analytical knowledge characterizing proteins with HPLC-based chromatographic techniques, electrophorectic methods, spectroscopy, and other biophysical characterization techniques is preferred.
- Knowledge of cGMP is preferred.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required. attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, dependable, and with a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, attention to detail, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
· Bachelor's or Master’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, or other related degree concentration, with 2 or more years of industrial or academic experience
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of South San Francisco, California are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.lancasterlabs.com.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Lancaster Laboratories - 5 months ago
Don't buy those Bunsen burners. Let Lancaster Laboratories handle it. One of the largest contract laboratories in the country, it...