Duty Statement & Selection Criteria – Senior Scientist Translational Oncology
Bionomics, Inc is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bionomics Limited, a company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Bionomics Limited is a progressive and expanding biotechnology company that conducts research and development into cancer, central nervous system (CNS) and immune diseases.
This position requires an experienced, highly motivated translational oncology scientist to undertake biomarker discovery efforts directed towards the preclinical development of antibody therapeutics for cancer. The applicant will work within a team of oncology and drug discovery scientists, contributing to preclinical development programs. Current projects include the discovery and preclinical development of cancer stem cell therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of cancer.
As directed by the Vice President, US Operations and Cancer Biology, this position requires that the occupant make significant contributions to the achievement of Bionomics’ research and development goals by carrying out the following:
1. Lead translational medicine studies for oncology compounds at various stages of discovery and development, with the goal of developing validated biomarker strategies and assays to accurately assess target engagement/modulation, therapeutic impact on target tumor cell populations of interest, and facilitate patient selection/stratification.
2. Work within a small cross-functional team to achieve translational and biomarker goals. Candidate will i) design, qualify and deploy scientific methods for effective use of biomarkers in preclinical and clinical protocols; ii) significantly contribute to the strategy and execution enabling companion diagnostics development; and iii) be responsible for the implementation and interpretation of data from molecular markers and platforms including next generation sequencing, qPCR, IHC, and proteomics
3. Specific goals will include i) focused mechanism of action studies to identify candidate biomarkers for novel cancer/cancer stem cell therapeutic agents, , ii) performing benchmarking studies with competitor therapeutic agents, iii) investigating combination of cancer therapeutics based on biomarker data and iv) identifying and developing biomarkers designed to enable demonstration of PK/PD dose-response with potential clinical utility.
4. Perform hands-on lab research or organize outsourcing to appropriate service providers of in vitro assays, ex vivo and in vivo oncology cancer stem cell and primary xenografts models, and imaging analyses.
5. Contribute effectively towards team goals through generation of data to support formulation of clinical strategy for Proof of Concept (POC) studies for novel therapeutic agents in multiple tumor types and indications
6. Contribute to company-wide oncology efforts in both biologics and small-molecules
This position provides an excellent opportunity to contribute significantly to the continued growth of a small biotechnology company. We provide a unique work environment with a competitive salary, stock options and excellent benefits.
To apply, please include your name and this position title in the subject line of your email, and send your CV or resume to: email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.
For further information about Bionomics Inc and Bionomics Limited, please visit our website at www.bionomics.com.au
BioSpace.com - 20 months ago