As a Senior Scientist at Illumina you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and help create genomic analysis tools used in cutting edge research. You will participate in the development of high quality, robust products through the integration of hardware, software, and chemistry components. You will also design and execute test plans and optimize system performance.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
• Represent Systems Integration function on Core or Extended Project Teams.
• Supervision of two or more research associates on project activities.
• Collaborate with all functions within project teams (such as chemistry, software, engineering and manufacturing).
• Engage in the early design of products to represent Systems Integration knowledge.
• Develop test plans to validate product performance.
• Analyze data and troubleshoot issues.
• Suggest creative solutions to integration issues.
• Willingness to be hands-on.
Education and Experience:
• PhD in a scientific discipline required.
• 5-7 years of experience in successful, product development required.
• Experience supervising research associates required.
• Experience giving input to product design at an early stage of development.
• A broad scientific knowledge (instrumentation, optics, chemistry, molecular biology, software, etc.)
• Multidisciplinary approach to problem solving.
• Experience writing and executing test plans to validate product performance and robustness.
• Proven skills in analysis of large complex data sets helpful.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and successfully work across multiple disciplines such as engineering, software and manufacturing highly desired.
• Must be detail oriented and highly motivated.
• A desire to be a part of a fast paced, multidisciplinary and dynamic environment.
• Solid communication and writing skills required.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 11 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...