Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That's why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
Pfizer Worldwide Research and Development La Jolla, has an open position for a talented and creative research scientist in the Structural Biology Group, Department of Cancer Research Chemistry. Candidates who have demonstrated an ability to carry out innovative and high quality research to answer challenging questions in structural biology are of particular interest. The successful candidate will have significant expertise and experience in all sub-disciplines of structural biology.
The position will primarily focus on the following areas:
1) Crystallization and iterative co-crystallization of protein targets with small molecules to drive SBDD platforms.
2) Biophysical characterization of proteins and protein-ligand complexes to facilitate protein crystallization and protein science studies (e.g. ITC, AUC, DSC, fluorescence, SAX).
3) Protein purification
4) Design of protein constructs for SBDD and protein sciences experiments.
The position may also involve x-ray data collection and structure determination on an as needed basis.
PhD and Postdoctoral experience in Structural Biology, Biochemistry or a closely related field.
3-5 years of drug discovery experience in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical sectors would be considered an advantage.
Candidates will also possess the following attributes:
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills which facilitate knowledge sharing and scientific discussions.
- Ability to quickly and effectively operate, communicate and influence decision making within cross-functional and multi-disciplinary drug discovery teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must be authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. at the time of the commencement of employment. Foreign national applicants who will need employer immigration sponsorship to obtain or continue work authorization must disclose that fact as part of the application process. Pfizer may consider in its sole discretion sponsoring a foreign national applicant for work authorization and/or permanent residence (green card) depending on its business needs.
Pfizer pfabricates pfarmaceuticals pfor quite a pfew inpfirmities. The company is the world's largest research-based pharmaceuticals...