The Mercer Engineering Research Center (MERC), an operating unit of Mercer University, is located in Warner Robins, GA. MERC is dedicated to providing high quality engineering, scientific, and technical support services under contract to both government and private industry customers.
Mercer Engineering Research Center (MERC) is accepting resumes for a senior scientist with reliability emphasis related to aircraft and supporting mechanical equipment to join the Reliability & Human Engineering Division at the Warner Robins, Georgia, facility.
Duties of the position include participating in a dynamic team of skilled engineers in reliability and maintainability analysis, maintenance planning for aircraft structures, systems, and related maintenance equipment. Duties require planning and execution of Reliability Centered Maintenance processes, creating and validating aircraft preventative maintenance programs and design engineering of aircraft and mechanical systems.
Position Requirements include:
1) Requires a Ph.D. in an applied science or mathematics from and accredited college or university and 3 years related experience; or a Masters degree in same and 6 years related experience; or an undergraduate degree in same and 9 years related experience.
2) Applicant is a U.S. Citizen
3) Proficiency in data analysis and reporting using all Microsoft software programs.
4) Successful candidates must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a DoD security clearance.
Desired qualifications include:
1) Active duty experience in one of the branches of the Armed Services.
2) Highly proficient in Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and/or Air Transport Association (ATA) Maintenance Steering Group (MSG) processes compliant with SAE International Standard JA-1011 to include but not limited to:
a) Experience with FMECA development including failure mode development and classification experience
b) Experience with Weibull, Reliability Growth Analysis, Root Cause Analysis and statistical RCM analysis, including MTBF and MTBM calculations, to support decision making.
c) Solid understanding of the relationship between reliability and its impact on production, availability, through-put or other productivity metrics. Experience in bridging the gap between design engineering and front line implementation.
3) Experience with reliability testing methods, non-destructive testing and predictive technologies like ultrasonic, vibration analysis or infrared thermal imaging.
4) USAF operational or maintenance experience on United States military aircraft or on commercial aircraft including helicopters
5) RCM experience on United States military fighter, cargo, or surveillance aircraft or on commercial aircraft including helicopters
To officially apply for a position with MERC, all applicants must submit an application, cover letter, complete work history included on resume, and list of references.
MERC is an EOE/AA/ADA employer.
Commensurate with experience
Internal posting only?
Posting Close Date
Mercer University - 10 months ago