At Zendesk, We’re expanding the reach and depth of our search offerings and we’re looking for someone to drive the development of our search infrastructure. Search is a critical way that our users find solutions to their questions and that our agents use to solve problems more quickly and effectively. As a large user of search, we have hundreds of millions of documents across multiple clusters. You’ll be responsible for working to enhance every aspect of our search, with a particular focus on real-time index updating, scalability and reliability.
- You know open source search technology well. One or more of Solr, Lucene or ElasticSearch experience is essential.
- You understand the importance of good design as well as the importance of promptly fixing bugs.
- You can talk to product people and translate what they want into something that is technically achievable.
- You believe in frequent releases and in building software that is easy to deploy and pain free to operate.
- You have a strong belief in working smarter and getting the maximum bang for each hour of your time.
- You are interested in database/search integration and in real time search
- You already have ruby experience or are very interested in becoming a strong Ruby developer.
- You have pride in the software you build and care about search!
Zendesk is the leading provider of proven, cloud-based help desk software. For growing organizations, Zendesk is the fastest way to enable great customer service. More than 30,000 Zendesk customers, including Adobe, MSNBC, Sony, OpenTable and Groupon, trust Zendesk with their most valuable asset, their customers. Founded in 2007, Zendesk is funded by Charles River Ventures, Benchmark Capital and Matrix Partners. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Zendesk offers competitive salaries and full benefits, including health, dental, vacation and stock options. We are conveniently located in downtown SF, close to public transit (Bart, Caltrain, Muni, etc). You will be joining a bright group of experienced folks who love what they are doing to create something unique.
To all recruitment agencies: Zendesk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Zendesk employees or any other company location. Zendesk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Zendesk - 11 months ago