1. Receive telephone calls and visitors; handle routine matters personally and route non-routine business to proper staff for consideration.
2. Maintain calendar and schedule appointments.
3. Act as liaison between designated director and other center staff.
4. Maintain correspondence control log, receive incoming and outgoing mail and follow up on dates for action items.
5. Maintain and update automated student records system.
6. Provide form control functions, including form revision and development; monitor supplies and reorder as needed.
7. Perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties; prepare special reports, maintain files and records, statistical data, make travel arrangements as required.
8. Perform secretarial duties including dictation and typing of correspondence and other materials.
9. Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff and other center customers.
10. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
11. Maintain a safe and clean work area that models high standards for a work environment.
12. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
13. Promote the development of Career Success Standards (CSS) by modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students where necessary and monitoring both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
14. Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) and one year related experience. Type 60 wpm. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...