WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business offering challenging opportunities to well qualified candidates. Since 1997, WOOD has brought innovative solutions to federal and state government clients in support of mission-critical requirements as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor. Today, we are a leading provider of transformation services with special emphasis on interoperability challenges faced by clients such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of the Treasury, the State of Maryland, and Howard County Government.
WOOD has a benefit package that ranks within the top 5% of local businesses. We invite you to visit our website at www.woodcons.com to learn more and to submit your resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
WOOD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Contractor’s proposed personnel working at the Senior Secretary (S) labor category/level shall provide professional and proactive mission-oriented administrative support to the assigned customer office.
1) Prior experience as a secretary administratively supporting lower-to-mid management levels of an office. The Contractor’s proposed personnel shall be expected to independently perform the general administrative requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in General Business Administration or related course work from an accredited University/College and a Minimum 4 years of secretary experience, OR
- Associate’s Degree in General Business or related course work from an accredited College and a m inimum 6 years of secretary experience, OR
- High School Diploma with Vocational/Military Training Certificate in Office Management, Secretary Services, or related field and a m inimum 8 years of secretary experience
2) Proven experience as a secretary supporting administrative requirements at the mid- to upper-management levels of an office. The proposed personnel will be expected to independently accomplish the advanced administrative tasks with no assistance.
3) Fundamental understanding of the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC).
4) Strong professionalism with the ability to consistently demonstrate tact and maturity.
5) Strong interpersonal and/or soft skills, and office etiquette within a professional environment to:
6) Facilitate professional relationships and support efficient execution of all office administrative requirements; and
7) Obtain a positive customer oriented service experience by internal/external office personnel, customers, and visitors.
8) Strong teaming and collaboration skills that foster office unity and cohesiveness in support the office administrative requirements.
9) Capable of handling a large workload, effectively coordinate multiple resources, and multi-task in a fast paced environment that may often have competing priorities with minimal assistance.
10) Strong communication skills both verbally and written with the ability to:
11) Articulate office administrative requirements/actions/needs in a professional tone and attitude;
12) Exchange information to facilitate positive and efficient work processes and results; and
13) Produce written correspondence (i.e., email, letter, document, etc.) that is succinct, coherent, uses proper tone, demonstrates proper grammatical use of the English language, and presents proper format/form per established corporate/office guidance.
14) Good office organization skills that facilitates a neat and orderly presentation of the work environment and administrative activities.
15) Proficient working knowledge of office information technology (IT) equipment (e.g., copiers, scanners, facsimile machines, computer workstations, phones, teleconference/video teleconference equipment) with the ability to independently operate such equipment in completing office administrative tasks.
16) Proficient working knowledge of MS Office software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook: Mail, Calendar, and File Functions) with the ability to use these applications to efficiently complete office administrative tasks.
17) Experience with office filing systems (hardcopy and softcopy) using specified format and structure.
18) Able to be a self-starter and work with minimal assistance to complete all assigned work requirements.
19) Strong problem solving and time management skills. Must be detailed oriented and possess consistent, mature judgment. Able to handle a moderate and demanding workload; efficiently coordinate resources, and reasonably work in a fast paced environment that may often have competing priorities.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS/SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE.
2) Defense Travel System (DTS) with knowledge of the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR)
5) Ability to schedule, coordinate, set-up, and operate Video Teleconference (VTC) equipment; and this include teleconferences.
Wood Consulting - 23 months ago