The Senior Security Architect is responsible for establishing and managing the security requirements that secure cable industry products and services. This position provides thought leadership on technologies such as Cyber-security technology, authentication and authorization services, single sign-on, federated identities, Public Key Infrastructures (PKI), Identity management, digital rights management (DRM), and conditional access systems (CAS). The Senior Security Architect will interface with technical teams, system architects, and software developers to pioneer new designs, strategies, and technologies for cable operators. Additional responsibilities include conceptual development, specification writing, implementation, and dissemination of conclusions from research. This position may require participation in standards activities and presenting contributions on items of interest to the cable industry.
- Participate in all phases of the project development life cycle (requirements analysis, high level design, detailed design, coding, integration, system level test)
- Prepare resource estimates, project schedules, and periodic reports
- Manage security specifications.
- Provide direction/coordinate activities with the other section owners; facilitate member and vendor input on the draft specifications.
- Serve as SME on security initiatives interacting with industry experts and tracking industry efforts at related standards groups.
- Work with legacy and emerging security technologies.
- Translate business requirements into supportable processes for granting user access to applications.
- Analyze current industry security architectures; recommend solutions to meet security, privacy, access, and identity requirements that enhance the end-user experience.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in CS, Engineering, EE, Telecommunications, or equivalent.
- 10+ years of relevant security experience.
- A strong working knowledge of identity and access management technologies including PKI \ SAML \ CAS \ DRM \ WS Security, and LDAP.
- Experience developing security strategies, architectures, specifications, and
- Familiar with authentication concepts: Single Sign-on, Federated identity, etc.
- Knowledgeable of Public Key Infrastructures.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of cable systems and specifications is a plus.
- Ability to travel 20%
This is a full-time, salaried position with a superior benefits package and the ability to influence an industy!
CableLabs - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard