GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Security Architect will be responsible for driving the security architecture, security framework, and security architecture roadmap for GE Global Research. The Security Architecture will take a business-driven mindset and bridge technology and process to support the long-term needs of GE Research and its customers. Key deliverables include leading the development of solutions across multiple IT projects, ensuring consistency and alignment to GR Enterprise Architecture, Security Standards, and supported technologies.
The Security Architecture will work closely with the Enterprise Architects, CISO, GE IT Risk Leadership, as well as the Security, Application and Infrastructure Operations teams at GE Research. The Architect will be responsible for:
- Development and Communication of the GE Research IT Architecture Security Roadmap
- Analyze market trends within the Information technology and security industries to determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to develop solutions that represent the appropriate level of Risk compared to the business requirements.
- Document all security architecture design and analysis work.
- Actively engage and participate in GE Company Security/Architecture Councils
- Developing and evolving the GE Research security architecture roadmap.
- Developing repeatable security patterns that can be applied to solution building blocks to mitigate key information risks.
- Collaborating closely with GR Solution Architects to ensure solution design incorporates the present view of security
- Analyzing and defining strategy to mitigate security risks within the existing GR IT environment (Application and Infrastructure).
- Serving as a thought leader in security technology and application technology at GE with a broad knowledge of related technology areas.
- Evangelizing the architecture process, outcome, and governance process.
- Working closely with the Program Management Office, and GR Enterprise Architects to ensure alignment and balance of risk within solutions to portfolio deliverables.
- Evaluating emerging trends for potential integration into solutions and partner with research teams to explore the potential applications for these emerging technologies.
- Providing Solution Architecture expertise to select development efforts and business function specific information architectures.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems or a related field of study with at least 7 years of combined experience in Information Technology software, infrastructure, and/or IT security.
- Demonstrated ability to translate and balance the risks associated with business requirements into actionable solutions.
- Strong working experience with at least three of the following security technologies: access and identity management solutions, IDS/IPS, PKI, encryption and authentication technologies.
- Proven ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems.
- Demonstrated analytical, systems design/integration and problem solving skills
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in an information management related field.
- Experience in IT disciplines such as a client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA), technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations.
- Solid understanding of and ability to speak authoritatively to security principles such as authentication/authorization, access control, and network isolation.
- Training in Information Security-specific disciplines
- CISM, CISSP or SSCP Certification
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks and information models.
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and/or client/server systems
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Ability to rapidly evaluate changing technologies and apply them to the business environment.
- Six Sigma Blackbelt certification
- TOGAF, Zachman or similar Enterprise Architecture Methodology experience/certification.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of IT professionals located in multiple sites, including proven effectiveness working with global teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- The ability to work well with others and be respected as a though leader.
- Track record of remaining unbiased towards specific technologies or vendors.
- Executive briefing skills.
- Change acceleration and adoption skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...