The SharePoint Administrator must be a U.S. Citizen and currently have Secret Clearance level or be clearance eligible.
The SharePoint Administrator will have proven track record of designing, developing, delivering, managing, and supporting medium to large scale end-to-end Microsoft SharePoint and Office Communications Server environments.
This requirement also includes defining strategy and roadmaps, creating blueprints, and providing technical direction based on best practices.
The candidate must have advanced knowledge of all Microsoft SharePoint 2003/2007/2010 features and architecture. Features include website development, enterprise content management, document management, records management, asset management (site usage reporting), document imaging, information classification and enterprise search. Responsibilities include the development and/or migration of SharePoint applications, site collections, sites, web parts, forms, workflows, user profiles, and business data connections.
The SharePoint Administrator must have knowledge of all Microsoft Communications Server 2007 R2/Lync 2010 Server features. Primary features include: Instant Messaging, 24X7 Group Chat, Web Conferencing, Communicator Web Access, Federation, Audio/Video Conferencing, Remote Access, and Enterprise Voice (PBX Integration / SIP Trunking).
The SharePoint Administrator must have knowledge of network topology, windows servers 2003/2008, active directory, exchange, SQL server 2005/2008, and IIS6/7.
The SharePoint Administrator will have experience working closely with executive leadership and internal teams to ensure customer satisfaction for quality deliverables while providing status to project management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The SharePoint Administrator will design and develop integrated short and long-term strategies for Communication and Collaboration that includes the infrastructures, applications, internal service offering, and current-state/future-state aspects.
- The SharePoint Administrator will deliver project solutions and resolve issues as per the organization's Service Level Agreement via Remedy and HP PPM Systems.
- Manage and support the infrastructure and applications by providing and creating routine maintenance schedules, programs, and scripts that resolve performance issues/errors.
- Work with various internal departments for asset tracking, ticket resolutions, security requirements, monitoring requirements, software packaging,
- Design, develop, test, administer, and maintain production applications and servers including the installation of service packs and/or patches
- Acquire and apply functional knowledge to execute organization priorities
- The SharePoint Administrator will provide time estimates to show level of effort to project managers
- Work with QA to develop and execute test plans