Senior SharePoint Developer, Pasadena, CA
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $2.7 billion in 2011, is 100% owned by the Employee Stock Ownership Trust. We conquer the toughest logistical challenges and deliver design/design-build, program/construction management, professional services, and innovative alternative delivery solutions to private industrial customers worldwide as well as to federal, regional, and local government agencies. Parsons is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, environmental, and defense/security. Currently, more than 11,500 Parsons’ employees are engaged in more than 2,200 projects in 50 states and 26 countries. These dedicated workers speak 79 languages collectively, and hold more than 7,700 college degrees and professional registrations. Parsons' employees continue to go anywhere in the world, meet every technical and management challenge, and persevere until the job is done.
The Senior SharePoint developer will work as part of a development team to architect, develop, test, implement and support custom SharePoint solutions within multiple SharePoint 2010 farms. This role is expected to work with internal and external clients and business analysts to gather, prioritize and analyze requirements. Architect and document technical specifications with a strong understanding of performance, stability and maintainability factors. Perform regular code reviews and work with junior developers to help grow the team. Work with administrative teams where necessary to troubleshoot complex problems with custom solutions.
• Work with business analysts and clients to gather requirements and work towards efficient SharePoint-based solutions.
• The solutions developed will extend the use of SharePoint through custom web parts, custom features, event receivers and workflow
• Work with SharePoint administrators in the creation and maintenance of PowerShell scripts
• Work with support teams (help desk and administrators) to help troubleshoot and resolve issues with custom solutions
• Mentor junior SharePoint developers in design and implementation of custom solutions
• Help build and maintain SharePoint developer environments
• Work with SharePoint architects and administrators to ensure solutions align to long-term SharePoint strategy
• Support QA teams tests by writing and evaluating test scripts
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Minimum of 15 year experience (or an equivalent combination of work experience and education) with 10 years’ experience working with Visual Studio, ASP.NET, and web technologies
• 7+ years as a project team lead with hands on experience of development projects using Microsoft .Net Technologies
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with SharePoint in a developer capacity
• Advanced level SharePoint 2010 development experience with a proven track record for delivering high-quality solutions
• Thorough understanding of Visual Studio and related add-in components that facilitate the development, packaging and testing of custom SharePoint Features and Solution Packages (WSPs)
• Strong understanding of out-of-the-box SharePoint 2010 capabilities and limitations
• Advanced level knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, SharePoint server and client object models
• Experience working in a dynamic software development team
• Ability to work with project managers to create and maintain work breakdown structures and estimate level of effort
• Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently yet meet schedule, budget, features and quality expectations
• Experience working with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies and ability to help mature processes as needed
• Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to interact with all levels of management
• Experience working with internal clients and projects in a consultant-like capacity
• Experience working with design patterns
• Experience working with TFS, Agilepoint and SQL Server Reporting Services
Parsons offers an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world.
We provide career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; tuition reimbursement program; credit union membership; Employee Stock Ownership Plan and a 401(k) plan. Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. M/W/D/V.
Parsons Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 1944, Parsons, an engineering, construction, technical, and management services firm with revenues of $3 billion...