SUMMARY: Responsible for serving as a lead in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electronically controlled traffic control devices; trains signal crews in proper application of rules and regulations; performs contactor inspections. Work is performed with limited supervision.|
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as a lead to lower signal crew staff, which includes: prioritizing, assigning, and monitoring work; providing direction; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs traffic signals, school zone flashers, and City-owned and maintained street lighting.
- Responds to emergency and on-call situations.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of records related to division repairs and operational activities.
- Participates in training lower level signal crew staff on work and safety procedures and practices.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, committees, and/or other applicable groups to receive and/or convey information.
- Performs inspections of work performed by external contractors involved in constructing traffic signals, installing street lights, and performing underground boring.
- Monitors the work of external contractors and ensures contract terms and specifications are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge of the common principles, practices, equipment, materials, and methods used in the installation and maintenance of traffic control devices.
- Experience in the use and maintenance of hand tools and equipment such as power drills, rotary hammer, jackhammer, concrete saw, backhoe, boom trucks, mechanical ditcher, etc.
- Follows written and oral technical instructions given in English.
- Interpret technical schematics and construction plans written in English.
- Able to provide detailed technical written and oral instructions in English.
- Maintains daily work reports and daily activity logs.
- Skilled in the use of various types electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Computer literate, knowledgeable in the use of desktop, Windows 98/2000 based, computers used for diagnostics and programming of various types of control equipment and traffic counters.
Texas Municipal League - 2 years ago
The city of Carrollton offers valuable information to assist you in understanding the development review process. Our goal is to facilitate...