This position ensures the efficient mechanical operations of the facility. This position will be physically located at CNSE’s satellite location in the Rochester, NY area. The duties of the Senior Silicon Solar Facilities Technician include but is not limited to:
- Providing industrial maintenance, troubleshooting and repair in the areas of power generation and electrical distribution, commercial air conditioning and/or commercial refrigeration, HVAC systems, pumping, fire protection systems, waste water treatment operations, RO/DI water systems, central compressed air and vacuum systems, and plumbing.
- Coordination of daily facilities department operations including outside contractor activities.
- Scheduling of repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Monitoring department and project specific budgets including management of scope changes and completion of required paperwork.
- Ensuring consistent and open communications with operations to ensure limited downtime to production.
- Providing “on-call” support as well as potential multi-shift support as needed.
- Developing preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff including annual shutdown plans and requirements.
- Developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures, including maintenance requirements and regulatory required documentation as mandated by quality management systems, building code, fire code, OSHA, EPA or other regulating authorities.
- Ensuring building systems are operating within established specifications. Obtain approvals and provide documentation for any variances from the standard specifications.
- Acting as the primary Facilities Project Manager for all capital projects.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Supervisory experience AND a minimum 7-10 years’ experience in facilities maintenance, repair and HVAC machinery.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background investigation; this position may require annual background investigations.
College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering - 17 months ago