This position is physically located at CNSE’s satellite location in in the Rochester, NY area. The duties of the Senior Silicon Solar Process Technician includes, but is not limited to:
- Support the development, and characterization of solar cells based on mono and poly crystalline silicon substrates
- Operation and oversight of the manufacturing systems ranging from silicon wafer texturing (mono & multi) PVD sputter and thermal evaporation, PECVD, screen printing of grids, and various inspection and metrology systems.
- Development and Optimization of reliable and cost effective furnace-based diffusion processing of silicon wafers in a high volume manufacturing facility.
- Characterize process windows in the area of diffusion, etching and deposition processing and enabling process stability.
- Recipe generation and recipe maintenance for diffusion, etching and deposition processes for monocrystalline and polycrystalline wafers used in the production of silicon solar cells.
- Responsible for the operation of the machine, recording of operational parameters, tabulating data, and assisting in system maintenance as required while working with the Engineering staff to review data against metrics.
- Support the engineering staff in the preparation of process development plans and executing the plans to collect the data and information needed to evaluate the materials & process development efforts.
- Support the evaluation of the solar device performance responses against the metrics defined in the process development plans.
- Operation of equipment and process systems and associated metrology / test equipment, collect and tabulate data as directed
- Support process development requirements and process development plans
- Assist in performance of routine preventive maintenance on lab equipment
- Calibrate and maintain metrology systems
- Report on tool status and configuration
- Analyze system failures and recommend improvements
- Working knowledge of MS office and the ability to accurately document work
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Demonstrated aptitude to write process instructions, metrics and project reports
- Other duties as assigned.
Strong background of leading edge crystal silicon solar cell process technology and factory experience with hands-on knowledge are required.
High School diploma or general education diploma (GED) required AND a minimum of 5 years experience in solar cell process technology OR a BS in Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry or related degree form a college or university accredited by the US Dept of Education or other internationally known accrediting organization in lieu of experience. Ability to problem solve and able to work efficiently and effectively with little or no supervision. Must have high mechanical and electrical aptitude, with a demonstrated ability to make logical decisions based on data received. Must be able to use high precision measuring tools. Candidates must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population. This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background investigation; this position may require annual background investigations.
Notes: Position contingent on the availability of funding
- Experience in an volume manufacturing environment of solar cells & modules
- Experience in wet etch and PVD / PECVD equipment from Semiconductor industry is desirable
- Experience in an R&D or Laboratory environment is desired
- Hands on tool use when servicing factory or prototype equipment
- Ability to work in laboratory, clean room, and/or factory environment
- Lift up to 40 lbs
- Ability to work below or above factory tools