GES seeks a Senior Manager (possible Director or Vice President Level) with strong business development and client management skills within the environmental consulting industry to oversee and spearhead the growth and diversification in California.
Our successful candidate will represent GES' California Operations (Concord, CA and San Diego, CA offices) at the highest levels in the company and will be empowered to develop and implement local strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manages client interaction; personnel; and operational profit and loss (P&L) for our San Diego and Concord, CA offices;
- Develops strategies to generate new business opportunities and service growth within the petroleum, industrial and energy market sectors;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies and procedures (Corporate, HR, HSSE, Quality, etc.);
- Represents GES’ California offices at industry related conferences, exhibitions, associations, and functions;
- Participates in all aspects of bid and proposal preparation, working closely with GES' technical leads.
Our comprehensive benefits program includes: profit sharing bonus plan, medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, STD, LTD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, and more.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science, Engineering or a related scientific major;
- 15+ years of direct environmental consulting experience in California;
- Experience managing P&L and overseeing an environmental consulting office;
- Business development experience and a strong network within California’s environmental market (industrial, petroleum, energy etc.) that can be leveraged to develop additional business;
- Strong background in building an organizational structure, business processes/functions, and financials;
- Must have excellent employee relations skills and be able to identify, address, and resolve issues in a timely manner;
- Professional Geologist (PG) or Professional Engineer (PE) certification is a plus; and
- A Background Check and Drug/Alcohol screen are required.
GES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that strongly values diversity. EOE/AA/M/F/V/D
Apply To This Job
GES Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. - 9 months ago