An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. As marijuana is an illegal substance under federal law, testing positive for marijuana (medical or otherwise) or any other substance for which the county tests, will result in the contingent offer of employment being revoked. A successful completion of the drug screen is defined as obtaining a negative result.
This position will close at 10:00 PM on the closing date listed.
Provides complex intake and/or ongoing social casework services for high risk or sensitive cases where child abuse or neglect is present or suspected. Assignments may fall under the following areas: Child Protection (intake or ongoing), Adolescent Services, Foster Care/Retention, Adoption, and Life Skills. Acts as a leadworker and resource in program area to review work, assist lower-level caseworkers in resolving conflicts, and make decisions impacting immediate safety and best interests of the child in absence of the supervisor.
Job Specific Details:
The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the job. The organization retains the right to modify or change the duties and responsibilities of the job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Receives general supervision from Social Casework Manager of assigned unit.
- Exercises indirect supervision over lower-level experienced professional staff.
- Provide lead accountability for other employees within work unit which may include scheduling, assigning, and reviewing work, instructing/training in work methods, and providing input into hiring and performance evaluation processes.
- Act as a resource or expert in program area, providing technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Assume supervisor duties for the Social Caseworker Manager on a temporary basis and as assigned. Act as duty officer on a rotating and on-call basis as required.
- Perform complex intake and case management of high risk or specialized cases to include assessing allegations and safety risks; assessing need for out-of-home placement; and providing crisis intervention and counseling.
- Develop professional contacts with other County departments, staff, and outside collateral agencies (i.e. law enforcement, medical personnel, school staff, and foster care services) and coordinate appropriate meetings as needed.
- Develop and present accurate information and documentation to the Courts, state review proceedings, and for communications with attorneys and/or other professionals.
- Review case files for compliance with federal, state, and County policies and procedures.
- Recruit providers through outreach, promotion, orientation, screening, and selection.
- May write grants proposals and oversee allocation of funds.
- Assess strengths and needs of children and families and develop strategies to ensure safe environment.
- May assist in the development of a continuous quality improvement system and in developing outcome measures and tracking progress.
- May conduct investigations into incidents or facilities and interview family, witnesses, victims, and caseworkers as needed.
- Develop, plan, and propose program changes; research similar programs and facilitate community groups for input.
- Design a treatment plan to address the specific issues of a case; this includes the monitoring and evaluation of family situation.
- Consult with lower level Social Caseworker staff in strategies for difficult or complex cases.
- Perform special studies and projects as assigned and required.
- Participate in various committees and boards related to program activities and responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as appropriate or necessary for performance of the job.
- Principles, practices, and objectives as related to child and/or adult welfare in a social casework program.
- Scope and application of laws (Colorado Children's Code, Volume VII) and regulations pertaining to physical abuse, sexual abuse, neglect, and child welfare.
- Resource allocation according to governmental standards and procedures.
- Interviewing and counseling techniques.
- Medical symptoms related to injuries or failure-to-thrive in children.
- Advance level of casework techniques including in-depth therapeutic approaches, techniques of affecting changes in behavior, child abuse and neglect dynamics, and diagnostic assessment methods.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Read and comprehend department and County rules, regulations, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Apply policies and procedures in performing the duties of the position in child welfare.
- Maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Work flexible hours, including holidays and weekends, when performing duties of positions.
- Perform duties independently without close supervision.
- Make decisions regarding therapeutic, educational, medical, or other interventions to assist a family.
- Provide professional customer service to clients and public.
- Write and review grant proposals.
- Act as an official representative of the County in a professional manner with local, state, and national agencies and organizations.
- Act as a credible witness when testifying in court.
- Organize material and present information clearly and concisely in verbal and written form.
- Effectively respond to conflict situations and people in conflict.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other County employees, representatives of other agencies and organizations, and members of the community.
- At least two years of experience as a professional social caseworker in either a public or private agency, including experience equivalent to a Social Caseworker II in Larimer County.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a Human Services, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or a related Human Behavioral Sciences field.
- Maintain continuing education hours annually or as required.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Larimer County - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard