Located just south of Chicago, Holland is a fast-growing railroad contractor and supplier with over $175MM in annual sales. Our software programs and applications allow our workers to do their jobs more efficiently and provide accurate, useful information to our customers. Holland is a unique organization filled with talented people that offers a fast-paced setting, supportive atmosphere, and opportunities for growth. Holland provides a competitive salary with a quarterly incentive program and an excellent benefits plan highlighted by an impressive profit sharing and 401k retirement plan.
A Senior Software C++ Developer will be responsible for working closely with our Track Testing Division to support day-to-day operations in both software and computer hardware with the ability to quickly diagnose and repair issues remotely. Improve operation productivity and reduce errors by developing, designing, testing, and analyzing new software programs and enhancing existing C++ software code. In addition, will be responsible to mentor other developers in a team environment and uphold Holland’s commitment to Quality standards.
The Senior Software C++ Developer will be required to successfully perform the following:
Experience with the following:
- Research, design, document, code to specifications throughout the software development life cycle.
- Analyze and amend software error in a timely and accurate fashion plus, provide status reports when required.
- Provide remote support for day-to-day operations of railroad track testing services in both software and computer hardware.
- Work with third party suppliers/systems to receive and collect data on real-time systems.
- Work with engineers to interface software with electrical and mechanical components.
The ideal candidate has a computer science or software engineering degree and 10 plus years of software development experience. Is self-motivated, flexible, possesses a keen sense of detail and has previous mentoring experience. Has strong communication skills and is a proven problem solver. Some travel may be required for the purpose of testing, troubleshooting and installing software in the field.
- 5 or more years of C++ experience.
- Taking the lead through specific phases of software development life cycle.
- Working with databases and file formats.
- Ethernet TCP/IP and UDP protocols.
- QT Framework.
- Real time data acquisition.
- Creating and distributing software installation packages.
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports.
Holland LP - 15 months ago