The Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) team is looking for software engineers who have a passion for building software for networking. As a member of the EC2 Networking team, you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic group of outstanding Engineers to architect, design and build large scale software systems that sets new standards for software defined networking (SDN) that powers the Amazon Web Services. We are a small team building new services and intent on delivering features to customers and iterate quickly to push forward. Our software systems span from low-level networking kernel modules on one end of the spectrum to highly distributed services with leader election and fault-tolerant systems on the other end. Sounds interesting? If so, drop us a line.
What makes this team a great place to work?
- Core networking Team - Our services underpin the fabric of the EC2 cloud. You have the opportunity to make large impact and drive the SDN road map for the Amazon cloud.
- Build from the Ground up - You will have the opportunity to build new cloud services from the ground up for emerging blue ocean initiatives.
- Scale New Heights - With cloud adoption accelerating, we are challenged with fun, complex problems to think about scale and grow the service to meet ever increasing demands.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7-10+ years of hands-on software design and development
- Strong problem solving, debugging and performance analysis skills
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, object-oriented design and complexity analysis and fluency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, Java, Ruby, or Python
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
- Masters/PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services
- Experience with Linux networking stack and TCP/IP protocols
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon.com - 13 months ago