Churchill Downs Technology Initiatives Company is a growing, profitable entity that operates the Twinspires.com website and uses the most advanced technologies including real-time live video streaming, secure financial transactions and cloud based technology to deliver the next generation platform of online gaming. You will have continuous input into the growth and development of building winning interactive products in a consumer-facing environment. We are the Official online wagering site of Churchill Downs and the Kentucky Derby. We also have a fresh, bottom-up approach to account wagering that combines the latest online technology with the best racing content. People are able to wager online for virtually every Thoroughbred, Harness and Quarter Horse race from venues across the globe. TwinSpires believes in a user-centered design approach and is looking for creative and flexible people to join our team. This is a full-time position and is based in Mountain View, CA.
We are looking for a senior web-based front-end developer to lead the front-end design, development and ongoing enhancements for an online, customer-facing sports wagering platform and live-video delivery as well as complementary consumer entertainment applications.
This position will be required to lead the technical direction of various front-end architectures and have a deep understanding of various web-based presentation frameworks and integration to back-end business services. This role will involve working with various technical teams (onshore and offshore) to review designs and implementation efforts as well as working with members of the executive management team, customer support team, and the operations team. This position will be based in Mountain View, CA on Castro Street and may require minimal travel. Competitive base pay. Annual bonus for achieving business unit and individual objectives.
- Evaluate front-end toolkits and technologies comparing against current framework to drive the front-end architecture direction and renovation
- Design and participate in the development of the web UI framework and back end business services interaction protocols (e.g. web services) for main, consumer-facing web sites with performance, scalability and maintenance in mind
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and direction to the front-end engineering vendor teams
- Set-up the frameworks for continuous quality and performance measurement and scale throughout the development cycle
- Drive UI design through full lifecycle of projects from conception through rollout working with various functional groups like Product Management, Operations, Quality Assurance, Customer Support, etc.
- Create and maintain high quality architecture and design documents including feature specifications, design specifications, flow diagrams, site maps, and process diagrams
- Work closely with the Product teams to define the best user experience
- Enforce and augment development standards across the business unit
- Perform product evaluations and usability test, communicate results and implications
- BS Computer Science or related degree
- Significant hands-on experience with HTML 5 and CSS 3 programming, including developing interactive canvas applications.
- Familiar with various graphics formats (or 3D graphics programming)
- Worked with PHP and Drupal CMS
- Knowledge of best practices and principles of web based UI design/implementation.
- Experience with leading/delivering front-end application development frameworks, platform technologies, shared code, and APIs
- Ability to test/prototype new ideas quickly in a rapid-fire, experimental environment
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with distributed teams and vendors domestically and internationally
- Knowledge and experience with agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Experience in sports or gaming industry is a plus
Churchill Downs Incorporated - 19 months ago
Churchill Downs Technology Initiatives Company is a growing, profitable entity that operates the Twinspires.com website and uses the most...