Requirement: Due to the security requirements for this particular opening, the applicant must be a United States Citizen.
Proofpoint is always looking to hire exceptional people. We help some of the largest and most successful companies in the world defend, protect, and govern their most sensitive data and we're currently building our next generation of cloud-based solutions that will literally change the way people work. We are looking for a talented and passionate individual who is interested in joining our team to help us take Proofpoint to the next level.
At Proofpoint, you will find an environment where innovation comes from creative collaboration and where everyone is empowered to go fast and have fun. And if you find joy in taking the "im" out of impossible, you will feel right at home with our team.
In this role, you will work as a Sr. Software Developer and join a leading-edge team to extend and enhance the wide range of services provided by our service infrastructure. Proofpoint Email Archiving is a Cloud-based solution that features a distributed grid search and storage infrastructure. And this service-based architecture allows us to scale to meet the needs of hundreds of clients that are among the largest businesses in the world.
- Minimum three to five years industry experience delivering industrial-strength, commercial software with demonstrated technical expertise in a OO language (C#/Java/C++)
- Excellent foundational understanding of distributed systems, concurrent programming with threads, high-availability, web services, and complex data architectures
- A strong command of advanced OO concepts/methodologies
- Experience with development using Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) to access Microsoft Exchange Server is a plus
- Experience with integrated software engineering processes (e.g., unit testing, source control, continuous build, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work in an operationally critical, diverse and dynamic environment
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent