Senior Software Developer
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for writing high quality object oriented code to support the development of company’s software products. Engineer is expected to document code design, write clear concise comments in code, and create documentation outlining code functionality. All engineers are required to follow Brady’s development process which includes our iterative development process. Individual will be Responsible for time estimating, architecting, and working with marketing on development of large scale software. Individual may utilize other resources in development of technology needed for development of software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Work closely with business analyst marketing, and other engineers to help translate customer needs into specifications, design concepts and subsequently into finished products that meet quality, budget and time line requirements.
• Write code in C#, C++ using Microsoft’s Visual Studio environment.
• Required to time estimate coding efforts, develop design, and document code modules.
• Aid in the development of project specifications, including writing use cases.
• Document designs using block diagrams, UML diagrams, and sequence diagrams.
• Create architecture for large code modules so they fit into the overall project design.
• Utilize object oriented techniques when developing code bases, and follow standard development practices. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May direct outside resources in code development.
2.Implements technical solutions to problems assigned.
3.Leads assigned projects by taking high-level problems and breaking them down into individual tasks.
4.Develops novel solutions to problems including multi-disciplinary approaches.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
•Requires a minimum of three to four related experience in the design of software products. Solid object oriented software design skills Good interpersonal skills
•Minimum of Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Experience with graphics, printing, and embedded technologies a plus
•Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
•Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public.
•Microsoft office suite including Visio and MS Project
•Drive for results
•Learning on the Fly
Brady Corporation - 10 months ago
Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect premises, products and...