Dewberry is currently looking for a Software Developer in their Fairfax, Virginia office in the support and enhancement of existing applications. Individual will design, develop, and test applications; and develop new code using C# and maintain existing applications.
Working as part of a small software development team, the candidate for this position will be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle, including system architecture, design and coding as well as business analysis and requirements gathering. Efficiently and reliably design, implement and deliver quality software that meets or exceeds all client expectations.
Required Skills & Required Experience:
Demonstrate experience as a Software Developer performing design and coding using the following technologies: C#, .NET, XML, SQL Server 2008 and above and stored procedures. Demonstrated experience with Windows development environment (calling Windows-level functions, using APIs and Windows registries). Experience interfacing with MS Excel.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or other IT-related field, plus at least 5 years of .NET object-oriented software development experience including C# OR a Master's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field, plus at least 3 years of experience.
- At least 3 years (or 2 years with a Master's) of relational database development using Microsoft's SQL Server 2005 or 2008. Must understand normalization and database design and be comfortable with the SQL query language, TSQL. Must have experience using SQL Server Management and able to write and maintain stored procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot, optimize and customize existing products.
- Readily accept responsibility and demonstrate ability to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment.
- Consult with clients and other project team members to design, build and manage Mobile and Web based applications using a Agile based methodology
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks with enthusiasm and creativity.
- Use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Regularly communicate project progress, issues and risks to project manager.
- Must possess excellent documentation skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
Dewberry - 9 months ago