Ellucian, the new company formed by the combination of Datatel and SunGard Higher Education, helps education institutions thrive in a dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed in collaboration with a global education community, and provide strategic guidance to help education institutions of all kinds navigate change, achieve greater transparency, and drive efficiencies. More than 2,300 institutions in 40 countries around the world look to Ellucian for the ideas and insights that will move education forward, helping people everywhere discover their futures through learning. Visit us at ellucian.com.
Is there really a formula for happiness? We think so: Happiness = Ellucian
Creating solutions for Higher Education is our business and we do it well. The key reason why our company is successful is our employees. We learned a long time ago that happy employees are the most productive. Simply put, we are passionate about our employees and their success.
So, what makes you happy? Would you consider yourself tech savvy? Do you pride yourself in being a subject matter expert? Our expectations are high, and we work hard – and we have a lot of fun in the process. It doesn’t hurt that we have amazing benefits too! We offer 3 weeks of vacation, employee events, and medical benefits that start on your first day - and that’s just the beginning. Come join us as an Advisory Software Engineer.
You will add value by:
-- Understands how to effectively deal with ambiguity and with changing priorities.
- Assisting global architecture with the design of product architecture
- Leading team in implementation of solutions
- Ensuring quality and maintenance of products
- Being an experienced, active member of the development team, competent in technology as well as the domain.
- Leading and mentoring team members and ensuring they stay on track with their tasks
- Displaying high levels of energy and participating in all the tasks that are undertaken, detail oriented.
- Demonstrating independent thought and action.
- Being a Self-starter who
-- Oriented towards problem-solving and analyzing impacts: Both technically and functionally.
- Taking ownership from specification review to final testing and being responsible for high quality, on-time delivery of assigned functional areas that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Completing peer code reviews.
- Helping to ensure code is compliant with development standards.
What we need from you:
- 6-9 years of experience
- Java programming language
- JEE framework
- Web Services using SOAP and REST.
- Strong Analytical Skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in establishment and adherence to coding standards.
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in full life-cycle solution delivery project.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks as well as changing priorities.
- Proven ability to work independently or on a team as required.
- Experience, interest and adaptability to working in a Lean/Agile delivery environment.
- Adobe Flex
- CSS 3
- Groovy programming language
- Grails Web Framework
Ellucian. - 14 months ago
Ellucian helps education institutions thrive in an open and dynamic world. We deliver a broad portfolio of technology solutions, developed...