- Mentor and guide team members to successfully ship products in accordance with release roadmaps.
- Participate in complete software development lifecycle, from requirements through testing.
- Coach and mentor other team members (regardless of role – developer, tester, or product manager) on appropriate use of technology to address customer and business needs.
- Develop and evolve patterns and practices.
- Review and approve designs; Perform code reviews of team members.
- Develop and evolve practices for development (e.g., unit test strategies, build and deployment).
- As needed, evaluate new technologies and develop Proof of Concepts.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in related field of study.
- Experience with agile software development methods in a geographically distributed environment.
- Past technical responsibility of a shipping a software product is required. Consulting experience will not be considered.
- 7+ years of commercial product development experience.
- Experience with some or all of the following:
- Java 6 or C#.
- One or more RDBMS (I.e., proficient in SQL).
- SOLID principles of objected-oriented programming and design
- Comprehension of different types of testing i.e. unit, system, integration & performance.
- Good interpersonal, communications skills and ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and proficient technical writing.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor others. Candidates may be asked to deliver a short presentation on a technical topic of their choice as part of the interviewing process.
- Knowledge of cross platform development is recommended.
- Previous experience working with Software Version Control required.
Healthcare Management Systems, Inc - 9 months ago