Senior Software Developer
Times Square, NY
6 Month Contract
- Build and maintain cutting edge, highly scalable systems.
- Design and build easily consumable REST APIs.
- Participate in scrum meetings and interact with Product to understand requirements.
- Contribute to architectural decisions.
- Deliver new solutions and enhancements on a regular basis.
- Work in a collaborative manner with team members in remote offices.
- Most importantly, Get stuff done!
- 7+ years of extensive experience in Java or other languages on the JVM.
- Extensive experience with the web, adoption of new technologies to build performant scalable distributed systems and have credentials to prove it.
- Up to date with the various NoSQL solutions out there e.g. MongoDB/Redis/ElasticSearch.
- Understanding of non-blocking systems e.g Netty, Futures, Actors, Nginx, IO loop.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
- Experience working in an Agile setup.
- Python/Scala/Clojure experience a plus.
- Familiarity with AWS/Cloud platforms a plus.
- Familiarity with OAuth, Social integration a plus.
- Formal CS Degree a plus
Horizontal Integration Inc. - 14 months ago