Think Good Will Hunting meets The A-Team to grasp the kind of Developer who clicks at Hulu: one moment staring at a whiteboard trying to prove the Riemann Hypothesis and then 15 minutes later working with other Developers on the architecture for a cheap file storage solution to be used for transcoding petabytes of data. At the moment we are looking for Developers who have a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, experience across multiple technologies and applications, and the ability to learn quickly.
Key Objectives and Activities
- Contribute to the design of the architecture and implementation of video streaming applications
- Invent novel solutions to challenging technical problems
- Improve performance, scalability, and availability of our internal systems
- Diagnose and debug issues in production environments
- Collaborate with researchers, program managers, and product designers in an open, creative environment
Experience with the following technologies and applications is preferred but not required:
- A Bachelors degree in computer science. Master's is a plus
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Broad cross-disciplinary development experience, including strong experience with test-driven development
- In-depth knowledge of web-service/data-driven application architecture
- A good sense of what goes into making a successful consumer product
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
Since we’re clearly into lists, here’s a Top 5 for how you know you need to work at Hulu… in no particular order:
- Objective-C, Java
- Cocoa and/or Cocoa Touch (Mac OS/iOS)
- Ruby or Python
- Streaming video to mobile devices
- Securing content on mobile devices
- Content encoding
- Multi-tier web applications
If you're the kind of developer who obsesses over indentation-space or tabs, monitoring services, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new math challenges then Hulu may be the place for you.
- You fall asleep thinking of ways to search through 100 billion sheep
- You recently had a nightmare that involved an unbalanced red-black binary tree
- You can compress better than H.264
- You actively contribute to GitHub
- You rule at ping-pong, eating contests or SCII
Hulu is an equal opportunity employer.
Hulu - 21 months ago
Hulu is a go-to service for online TV. The company operates an ad-supported website Hulu.com that allows viewers to watch online video...