New York Life Investment Management LLC manages more than $285 billion in assets. The technology group is looking for an experienced, hands-on Senior Web Software Developer.
• Basic understanding of securities industry, financial instruments (stocks, bonds, mortgages, derivatives instruments, real estate)
General Management Skills:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong people management skills to manage project of various sizes.
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Ability to be self-directed and work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft .NET Technology Stack
• Strong knowledge of Web Development using Microsoft ASP.NET MVC, JQuery & AJAX
• Basic understanding of Sharepoint Technology stack and some experience in building web parts and workflow components.
• Extremely Passionate about Technology.
• Extensive experience in developing .NET WCF solutions using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) tenets.
• Demonstrated ability to stay current with Application Architecture best practices, existing and emerging technology platforms, architectural and systems engineering industry trends
• Basic understanding of emerging web standards such as HTML5 and Mobile development is a plus
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver enterprise quality applications.
2. Define on-shore / offshore staffing model to support project specific and longer term application development strategy.
3. Conducts proofs-of-concept and develops prototypes.
4. Acts as key technical trusted advisor, understands and contributes to product visioning, feasibility and architectural approach definition.
5. Envisions new technical capabilities and common application components.
NY - New York (51 Madison Ave)
INV - TECHNOLOGY
1. Education Level: BS/MS required. Strong preference for either advanced degree in technical domain (i.e. Computer Science, Engineering).
2. Industry / Business Experience:
• 10+ years of technology
3. Technical Competencies:
• C#, WCF, ASP.NET MVC, Sharepoint Development Stack, JQuery, WPF, Silverlight
Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life...