Our client enriches the lives of children and seniors by helping people connect with amazing caregivers safely, quickly, and efficiently.
We incorporate best practices from Agile methodologies including test-driven development, pair programming, and intensive collaboration with product owners. Our environment rewards and encourages taking personal responsibility for seeing projects through from start to finish.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer with the experience, drive, and passion to make a difference in what we do.
- A true passion for technology, demonstrated by work on independent and open source projects
- 3-5 years experience with dynamic languages (Ruby, Python etc.)
- 2-3 years of web development experience with Ruby on Rails
- Direct experience with the development and maintenance of large-scale, mission-critical web applications
- Experience with TDD, BDD, and other Agile methodologies
- Should have experience with testing frameworks including Cucumber and RSpec
- Solid understanding of SQL database programming and performance implications
- MongoDB or Redis experience advantageous
- Comfort with the demands and rewards of working in a startup environment
- Should enjoy mentoring team members
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Progenuity - 11 months ago