Summary: Performs a variety of programming assignments requiring knowledge of established programming procedures and data processing requirements. Develops, maintains and modifies custom in-house software programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Codes, tests and troubleshoots programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology.
• Refines data and formats final product.
• Maintains and modifies programs; makes approved changes by amending documentation, develops detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Tests and develops programming modifications.
• Writes new program code using prescribed specifications.
• Evaluates interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of a program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
• Analyzes performance of programs and takes action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
• Confers with users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolves questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
• Writes and maintains programming documentation.
• Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed.
• Documents programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
• Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
• Other duties that may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Proficient organizational skills and abilities; Maintains confidentiality and works with integrity; Supports organizational goals; Possesses strong written and oral communication abilities and interpersonal skills; Follows instruction, meets deadlines; Possesses willingness to work long hours if needed to meet deadlines and achieve goals; Copes positively in stressful circumstances; Maintains most current knowledge of computers and programs.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or specialized education/training, or three years programming experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business reports, documents, data, and technical procedures. Ability to write summaries, reports, business correspondence, and procedure instructions. Ability to clearly and effectively present information and business needs, and respond to questions from groups of managers, the IT team, coworkers, system users, and other applicable groups.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, ratio, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out procedures and instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient with VB.NET or C# language and SQL Syntax Some knowledge of ASP.NET or Java also helpful.
• 3+ years experience in VB.Net client/server application development with a Microsoft SQL Server as a back-end or with like database system, i.e. Oracle.
• Database development including table design, code SQL queries and stored procedures.
• Experience in designing and developing SQL reports (Crystal Reports) or Microsoft Reporting Services.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, at a desk; use hands or fingers to reach or handle, and to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, and maneuver throughout a two-story office building and between other office buildings at times. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. All vision abilities are required to encompass close-up work. On occasion, must be able to tolerate and endure long working hours and maintain alertness to meet deadlines.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office environment with a noise level that is usually quiet to moderate.
United Suppliers - 17 months ago
United Suppliers, founded in 1963, is a wholesale organization based in the rural community of Eldora, Iowa. We are owned by agricultural...