Description of Group: |
The Sentinel team is a small, dynamic team that develops and supports the Sentinel system. The Sentinel system is a new Nasdaq OMX offering that meets the clearing and risk management needs of an OTC clearing house. There is a strong demand for this type of product in the global market place resulting from the introduction of recent market reforms. Nasdaq OMX is expanding the Sentinel team to capitalize on these opportunities. With two live clients and good prospects in this exciting and fast moving space this is an excellent opportunity for a well-motivated applicant.
The position is for a well-rounded, result oriented Java developer and will involve:
Education and Job Experience:
- Hands-on Java development
- Issue investigation and resolution
- Client facing support and troubleshooting
- Requirements gathering, design and documentation
- 2-4 years application development experience, server and/or client side applications
- Advanced knowledge and significant programming experience developing software in Java
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience using Windows or Linux
- This is a client facing role therefore applicants must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work quickly as a self-starter, and an ability to work well within a small, geographically distributed, team environment
- Experience in derivatives/financial markets.
- Our application development environment includes the following technologies and exposure to these would be useful:
- The system is developed as a cross platform development therefore skills with any of the following platforms would be helpful:
- Windows administration
- Linux skills and administration
- Max OS
- Experience with relational databases, including Microsoft SQL Server
The NASDAQ OMX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
See Job Description
CareerBuilder - 17 months ago